Brindley chains: Pewag 14x52 + Mul-T-Lock NE14L

Please post here reviews of products that do not fit into any of the categories above.
Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Rodders
Bike(s): Suzuki Bandit 600S (Mk2)
Challenge Score: 0
Has Liked: 175 times
Been Liked: 88 times

Brindley chains: Pewag 14x52 + Mul-T-Lock NE14L

#1 Post by Rodders » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 pm

My first bike isn't mega expensive but I figured I'd possibly have a shinier one in future so I'd be as well to buy decent security from the start.

I also thought I'd give our forum sponsor, Brindley Chains, a chance to shine. The Pewag chains have great reviews. I opted for the chunkiest one, given that the price difference was minimal compared to the 12x chain and I'm not concerned with the extra weight because I don't intend to carry this around.

Brindley do a bundle deal with the chain, a rivet secured Pewag branded sheath, and a top rated Mul-T-Lock padlock. I chose 1.5m of chain which should go through a ground anchor and the rear wheel and frame. I didn't want too much chain because it's more expensive, more likely to trail on the floor which is a slight risk, and less likely to get carried of I really need it.

EDIT: link to the deal - https://www.brindleychains.co.uk/produc ... 8524968327

I ordered on Monday. Brindley had it with me today, Wednesday. That's damn good service. It came in a standard parcel box, but wrapped in a tarpaulin style bag which I'll keep for when I transport the chain to keep it dry.

The chain itself weighs a ton. Not literally, but it is mighty heavy. That is the best indication I have of its strength. It would make it more awkward for someone to manipulate for cutting etc.

The padlock is neat and bulky. No point talking about its security as that is independently tested and verified. It's a large but tidy unit and comes with 2 keys plus some little coloured dots which I think are to help you label the keys. I won't bother with them.

I'm well impressed with the service from Brindley, and I'm confident I've bought an excellent bit of kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.