Oxford Nemesis Chain & Lock

Bought from Amazon for £160 (RRP £200)

16mm chain with protective sleeve. 16mm double action lock. 2 metre version.

This is a very heavy chain that is probably best used in the garage. You'd certainly not want to lug it about much. The lock is also sold separately as a disc lock so it can serve a double purpose.

Gold security rated.

Whilst nothing will stop a determined thief I reckon this would certainly deter and delay them. I'm using it in an alarmed garage with CCTV and additional alarmed locks fitted to both bikes.

Shorter options are available but I went for the 2 metre one as I link the bikes together with it.

IMG_20200520_140106033.thumb.jpg.239b427c91561711964d55ed172c1815.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Never understood the phrase “nothing can stop a determined thief”.

I’d have thought the list was quite extensive, including bear pit, guns, bombs, being forced to watch one of Xtreme’s videos, alien abduction, and so on. But mainly guns.

I’m considering this chain/lock, although I reckon I may plump for the new Beast lock/chain/anchor set.

Never understood the phrase “nothing can stop a determined thief”.

I’d have thought the list was quite extensive, including bear pit, guns, bombs, being forced to watch one of Xtreme’s videos, alien abduction, and so on. But mainly guns.

I’m considering this chain/lock, although I reckon I may plump for the new Beast lock/chain/anchor set.

20200531_084425.thumb.jpg.da09cd1a246995bb75ede5f869b3f90b.jpg

Hi [mention]Mawsley[/mention] I have a spare Oxford chain if you want.

Often used at work to secure sites and I often seem to be the only one who keeps an eye on them lol.

Couldn't believe how much people charge for decent chains.

Drop me an email if you want.

Cheers

Ian

I saw this video years ago, scary stuff. Something she mentions at the start of the video is that they purposely haven't made the chain tight so as not to damage the bike when trying to cut it.

You should always do whatever you can to leave very little slack in the chain making access for a pair of croppers harder. Saying that croppers are old hat now anyway, Battery powered grinders are cheap enough if a bit noisy. And you can even buy a battery powered bolt cutter from the likes of ryobi for less than £100 :shock:

Hi @Mawsley I have a spare Oxford chain if you want.

Often used at work to secure sites and I often seem to be the only one who keeps an eye on them lol.

Cheers

Ian

Thought I'd replied to this, must have forgotten to press 'submit' downstairs. :roll:

Thanks Ian, very kind of you. I'm good for chains and locks, I've collected them like a lothario picks up STDs.

I'm planning on turning the garage into Fort Knox with the Beast lock and chain through a Y-Anchor...as well as a host of other anchor points. Pretty much overkill seeing as the worst crimes we've seen for months on end was a couple of light-fingered folk in the village shop and reports of a drive-by shouting. :lol:

Hi @Mawsley I have a spare Oxford chain if you want.

Cheers

Ian

Thought I'd replied to this, must have forgotten to press 'submit' downstairs. :roll:

Thanks Ian, very kind of you. I'm good for chains and locks, I've collected them like a lothario picks up STDs.

I'm planning on turning the garage into Fort Knox with the Beast lock and chain through a Y-Anchor...as well as a host of other anchor points. Pretty much overkill seeing as the worst crimes we've seen for months on end was a couple of light-fingered folk in the village shop and reports of a drive-by shouting. :lol:

You would like my village here in North Beds by the river lol.

Very similar but the bloody cyclists and barking dogs!

I am thinking of approaching the police about another rural station but the amount of tea those cnuts drink when they congregate in Risely puts the council tax up.

Oh and the farmers still moan about rural crime and leave thousznds of pounds worth of quads and telehandlers lying around with keys on top of the tyres lol.

Cheers

Ian

Hey you have a village shop??????

Three bus stops too.

No bus service to speak of, but there are three of them.

Funny that I sort of think we qualify as proper rural as we have 2 bus stops but the busses will stop where ever you want and for people they recognise they will pick up anywhere as well.

Bonkers really lol.

Cheers

Ian

We have 2 street lights and a couple of bus stops. However the bus is limited to Tuesdays only and is 10:00 and 13:00. Tuesday hi as no special significance locally so quite what the point of it is I've no idea. The only people who seem to use it are retirees with bus passes.

• 1 year later...

Bit of an update on this. The chain and lock are fine, though mice have chewed the protective sleeve in places.

Just one gripe, the keys that fit the lock have a curved section which where the shaft is cut out to activate the tumblers makes the key quite weak. 

After a while the key attached to my bike keyring bent. It still works but I've started keeping the key on a separate keyring kept in the house rather than on the bike's keyring.

The Oxford keys for their disc locks are a different design and don't suffer this problem.