Boots BioEars Soft Silicone Earplugs

iiisecondcreep

I have really narrow ear canals and as such really struggle to get ear plugs as the simply won't fit in my lugs!

I do actually have custom plugs but to be honest I prefer these, especially after getting my new lid which is quite tight around the ears and makes my custom plugs uncomfortable.

They are £4.99 for a pack of three, one set lasts for ages and if they get dirty they can be washed in hot water. I don't know how long they will last as I have not yet used a pair until they are no longer effective.

Before use you roll them into a ball with your hands and then just squish them over (not into!) your ear hole, they can be used to swimming so they form a complete seal.

Good points:

Suitable for people with awkward lug holes like myself.

Value for money, £5 seems expensive for just 3 pairs but they are re-usable and can be washed.

Provide at least as much protection as my custom plugs (can't comment on any other types of plugs as I can't use them!)

Medium:

Bit of a faff squishing them into place, and you don't always know if you have managed to get a good seal until you are on the move.

They are sticky so hairs get stuck on them easily (which doesn't help with the getting a good seal!)

They get dirty quite quickly due to them being sticky.

Bad:

none :)

Good luck with the hairy ear problem. I think you can get a cream for that!

:mrgreen:

???

http://www.pharmocare.com/images/products/veet-in-shower-hair-removal-cream-150ml--dYA9.jpg

:mrgreen: :seeya:

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...