Trailer and 2 Up camping

Chrissb6

Mods to the trailer it now has 2 removable legs to allow it to free stand on the camp site after its been disconnected from the bike. I've also adapted a aluminium roll up table top to go on top of the trailer which now gives us a 900mm x 450 mm table on the camp site all this fit inside our new Kyham freelander tent which has full standing room. "Great news for me old back lol."

All this is carried in the trailer along the following:

double blow up air bed

2 no 3-4 season sleeping bags

2 fold up chairs

cooker-pans

and personal clothing.

Only thing carried on the bike is the waterproofs and personal gear so no overloading of the bikes suspension. Last trip was to the Dutch TT Assen we were never at the back of our 12 party group.

Sorry for the late pic's I've been having issues uploading with my camera. Cheers for the advice Stu the camera was the problem.

554628907_Assen2013web2.jpg.11ad8be40eaffcf974392bdcb928da31.jpg

49326060_Assen2013webshots.jpg.892cf842997873b4594b50facae686a3.jpg

That looks quite good

i have always liked the idea of a trailer especially if its camping for a couple of weeks and you want a few more bits of luxury than just the basics. I just have never got round to looking at what's involved though.

I looks built to your specs did you build it yourself

Also what does it cost extra to take on the ferry/chunnel?

Yes designed by myself after trying everything else to go 2 up camping. Crossing the channel P&O are a pain in the #ss!! Not done the chunnel, DFDS on the other are very helpful cost us an extra £20 to take the trailer on a return journey Dover - Dunkirk, and no prob's either on the Harwich ferry. The foreign police have never bothered us apart from an curious head scratch on there normal inspection in Rotterdam lol. Been to Assen twice and the F1 in Belgium last year which was awesome. There we had a Porsche owner get out his car and remark that l had in fact got more carrying space on the back of the bike than he had got in the Porsche lol.

Towing once under way a breeze and to be perfectly honest we have not had a single issue whilst on the move with trailer and that's at any speed, 200 miles from the Spa circuit to the Dunkirk ferry in under 3hrs but don't tell anyone lol