Lexmoto FMX 125 scooter (a student review)

Kevin

Firstly you may think why a Chinese brand and why scooter?

The answer is simple, because there are people like me who are student and broke :D . Also they need a comfy ride in the town.

I searched about cheap scooters online and was so confused. At first DirectBikes got my attention but I couldn’t trust them as they don’t have showrooms and they basically deliver your bike to your door, without letting you to see it and test it before purchasing, so it was a big NO for me. Let’s move on to the scooter HONEST review:

Price:

So cheap! It’s only about £1500 also the body parts are available to purchase online which are incredibly cheap as well, so as a chinese bike don’t worry about its part

Quality:

It is plasticy. With this price don’t expect carbonfibre and stainless steel parts. The plastic used in some parts feels so cheap . I asume if you drop it they will break. The quality of the letter used in the sit is high, maybe as good as Japanese brands like Honda plus it looks very nice with red stitching on it.

Design :

It is a big scooter probably as big as Honda Pcx 125.

I bought the Grey(black) colour which looks so nice with the LED light that it has, I named my scooter Batmobile :lol: , I believe it is a such a good looking scooter.

There is an issue with the mirror bars, I wanted to install a phone mount on it but the bars are not cylinderic shape

They have a weird shape that you cannot install anything on them and there is no space on the handle as well.

It has fuel indicator also.

Storage:

There is a little lockable storage under the handle which i use it to put my wallet and home keys in it. ( the plastic used in it is so cheap and breakabe so don’t leave your stuff in in when your leavs your bike as it is not safe )

Under the seat storage is big but a full face helmet CANNOT fit in it.

Performance:

It feels agile. I easily can reach 50mph on a dual carriageway. The engine is not noisy ,thumbs up for Lexmoto.

The breaks work well and they are very responsive.

I am not sure they have ABS or not but I have never skidded with them in emergemcy stops.

It only cost around £4 a week for the fuel for me. For different people gonna be different. But you cannot find anything more fuel economic than this scooter.

I am so satisfied with the overall performance.

Summary:

If you are broke, don’t hassitate just buy it. You will not regret for the price you paid and sometimes it is comparable with Honda PCX 125 which costs double.

46445062-71EC-4515-911B-673BE7F6AAD6.thumb.jpeg.5b9e9f8de5464bd024fcdfe818758673.jpeg

Nothing wrong with scooters! I used to love thrashing my gilera around London in rush hour. There's a reason the criminals all use them, and that's because in an urban environment, nothing beats them.

And at that's prices if it keeps going as long as you need it, you cant go wrong :cheers:

• 5 years later...

Just a few years later they have all gone ! In the trash i assume or did Lexmoto buy them all back ? 
i owned one, i put a couple of thousand miles on it before selling it & in that time i had trouble after trouble, i lost count of how many times it went back to the dealer & the exhaust failed in just 2000 miles.

i now own an Xmax 300 by Yamaha.

Edited by Thegrumpysoutherner
Spelling
  • Like 2