WK650tr

Forum rules
Please try to cover the areas listed below to give a complete overall review. This information, along with other reviews can inform and guide other members when choosing a motorcycle to purchase. Please remain factual and specific. 'It's shit' isnt adequate!

What model was it?
When did you buy it and how much did it cost?
Good points?
Bad points?
Would you get another?
Any other comments?
Attach a picture if you wish.

REMEMBER - PLEASE USE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR EACH REVIEW!

REPLY TO THREADS ONLY TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM ORIGINAL POSTER.

EVEN IF YOU WANT TO DO A REVIEW THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE... PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD.

THANK YOU
Tigcraft
Bike(s): Triumph bonneville, trx850 cfmoto650tr Skorpion s
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: WK650tr

Post by Tigcraft » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:59 pm

At last, result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrusaderPhil
Bike(s): WK-650TR-2 and Royal Enfield Bullet Electra EFI
Been liked: 4 times

Post by CrusaderPhil » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Tigcraft wrote:At last, result!

A result?, I am not a new member we have already met up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has liked: 1981 times
Been liked: 1432 times

Post by Hoggs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:06 pm

think he meant about getting the fuel pump replaced Phil :lol:
NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE 2020 CHALLENGE?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71618

shit at modding, awesome at making challenge tags Not a fan of early Xmas decorating

CrusaderPhil

Post by CrusaderPhil » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Now done 5500 Miles on 650TR since April, nothing much to report, Rear Tyre has squared of a bit, but still life in it.

Did do 12hrs in pouring rain on it going on "The Ride to the Wall" and the main beam switch got water in it bringing on main beam, couple of minutes riding with my hand over it cured that, have dropped it on a very dangerous surface scratching pannier £49.95 + VAT ready painted so not crying as much as if it was a BMW
TR OWNERS CLUB.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrusaderPhil

Post by CrusaderPhil » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Hoggs wrote:think he meant about getting the fuel pump replaced Phil :lol:
Tigcraft's bike is one on far right in picture

Tigcraft
Bike(s): Triumph bonneville, trx850 cfmoto650tr Skorpion s
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Tigcraft » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Yes it's the Non Red example!! The only non red

CrusaderPhil

Post by CrusaderPhil » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:27 pm

Tigcraft wrote:Yes it's the Non Red example!! The only non red
We have a new member with a black one, go on WhatsApp

johnnyjohns
Bike(s): Suzuki Bandit, Ktm, Honda CBR600, Ducati Monster
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by johnnyjohns » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:06 pm

The problem with these Chinese bikes and references being made towards the inferior Japanese copies of the early years is a simple question to answer. The Japanese may have so called copied but it was the technology not bikes. Simply because I hate to say it as much as I love my collection of British Bikes, we as a country turned out rubbish motorcycles. Compare a Honda Cub at the time when Britain laughed it off and Ariel turned out a four stroke monstrosity called a PIxie 50. Even the German Nsu quickly although old fashioned looking was a better moped than anything the British could make, and yet we still brushed of the threat. Its not that the Japanese turned out rubbish bikes, they soon got on top of things very quickly. The Chinese havent gotten close to remedying the poor quality of their products. The Chinese simply copy everything and it's difficult to see how they will change their ways especially seeing its been over 20 years since we saw the first crop of copied XL125's and Jincheng monkeybikes etc. The copied WK 650 is another example of mirror imaging. A lesson can be learned here. When you get an old (AJS) brand revived on Chinese made bikes of copied Japanese technology the trend will continue and why not? If the Chinese can do this, perhaps a country that makes everything belonging to other countries! And whose old historic marque Triumph and the current day Bonneville is almost 89 percent made in Thailand, perhaps we should start copying other makers products and label it "Made in England". A customer said to me one day when in my bike shop " they don't make em like that anymore do they"!!! I replied well we all have to start somewhere. What do I know? I've only been a motorcycle dealer for 56 years.

CrusaderPhil

Post by CrusaderPhil » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:33 pm

johnnyjohns wrote:The problem with these Chinese bikes and references being made towards the inferior Japanese copies of the early years is a simple question to answer. The Japanese may have so called copied but it was the technology not bikes. Simply because I hate to say it as much as I love my collection of British Bikes, we as a country turned out rubbish motorcycles. Compare a Honda Cub at the time when Britain laughed it off and Ariel turned out a four stroke monstrosity called a PIxie 50. Even the German Nsu quickly although old fashioned looking was a better moped than anything the British could make, and yet we still brushed of the threat. Its not that the Japanese turned out rubbish bikes, they soon got on top of things very quickly. The Chinese havent gotten close to remedying the poor quality of their products. The Chinese simply copy everything and it's difficult to see how they will change their ways especially seeing its been over 20 years since we saw the first crop of copied XL125's and Jincheng monkeybikes etc. The copied WK 650 is another example of mirror imaging. A lesson can be learned here. When you get an old (AJS) brand revived on Chinese made bikes of copied Japanese technology the trend will continue and why not? If the Chinese can do this, perhaps a country that makes everything belonging to other countries! And whose old historic marque Triumph and the current day Bonneville is almost 89 percent made in Thailand, perhaps we should start copying other makers products and label it "Made in England". A customer said to me one day when in my bike shop " they don't make em like that anymore do they"!!! I replied well we all have to start somewhere. What do I know? I've only been a motorcycle dealer for 56 years.
What a load of garbage, the CFMOTO may have copied the ER6N engine and loosely copied the style of rear suspension but that is about it, the aero dynamics of the fairing which is absolutely their own, might have a look of the PAN, it is second to none, it keeps you dry and your hands out of the wind, I have done 7500 since last April on mine trouble free, I see posts for other bikes including BMW's with more problems.

It is a lot of Bike for £3559.00 and worth every penny.

Joeman
Subscriber
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Has liked: 1150 times
Been liked: 973 times

Post by Joeman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:03 pm

CrusaderPhil wrote: I have done 7500 since last April on mine trouble free, I see posts for other bikes including BMW's with more problems.

It is a lot of Bike for £3559.00 and worth every penny.
Thats cheap biking. cant complain at that.. :cheers:

johnnyjohns
Bike(s): Suzuki Bandit, Ktm, Honda CBR600, Ducati Monster
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by johnnyjohns » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:30 pm

My posts content was simply about mirror imaging/copying of others technology. The poor quality products we see all to often these days doesn't reflect every product coming out of China. In my almost 50 years of dealing in motorcycles I've seen it all, so if my comments are "garbage" I'd suggest crusaderPhil come visit my dealership and have a chat with our technicians who know a litte more about these type of machines than perhaps he does!! When Chinese companies eventually design their own bikes then we'll perhaps take a different view.

Mawsley
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Has liked: 1115 times
Been liked: 1761 times

Post by Mawsley » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Lateralus
Bike(s): 2014 Tiger Sport in bestest red
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 388 times

Post by Lateralus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:06 pm

8ft wide and proud

Joeman
Subscriber
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Has liked: 1150 times
Been liked: 973 times

Post by Joeman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:18 pm

johnnyjohns wrote:My posts content was simply about mirror imaging/copying of others technology. The poor quality products we see all to often these days doesn't reflect every product coming out of China. In my almost 50 years of dealing in motorcycles I've seen it all, so if my comments are "garbage" I'd suggest crusaderPhil come visit my dealership and have a chat with our technicians who know a litte more about these type of machines than perhaps he does!! When Chinese companies eventually design their own bikes then we'll perhaps take a different view.
Ok, who's up for a group Rideout to the newboys dealership to ask his god-like technicians every question we ever wanted answered about anything as they know everything apparently.

Throttled
Subscriber
Bike(s): Versys 1000 GT
Has liked: 364 times
Been liked: 501 times

Post by Throttled » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 pm

I think some people are arguing past each other. It is true Chinese bikes can be badly made, poorly copied designs. It is also true there are better ones and in the future even better ones again will appear. So both sides are correct.
Audiophile/biker/sceptic

Return to “All Other Bike Reviews”