Skyjet SJ125-27

So the skyjet is another cbr look alike, its basically a honda cg in sports bike(cbr) fairings but it looks the part and i'm happy to ride her around.

I've had this bike for about 1 and a 1/2 months, haven't had many problems and it seems they were due to what previous owners had done to it. When i originally got it, it had trouble idling and was missing some bolts for the fairings, I've now increased the idle to 1900-2000 and that's stopped the bike cutting out when stopped at traffic lights.

Pros

Its sexy.

Cost me 500 second hand.

Around 14£ for a full tank.

Gets about 95-100 mpg.

Cheap to fix.

Cons

Battery sucks replace a soon as possible as i'm constantly having to kickstart it after i stall or if i haven't ridden for a couple of days.

Headlights aren't the brightest.

The bike is pretty big for a 125 but it has a comfy seat and nice riding position, I'm 5'11 and this bike has a relatively low seat height and i find it easy to manipulate and sit comfortably, I would say the shortest person to use this bike comfortably would be 5'8 or have an inside leg of 28-30.

If you stall the electric start will will give you 1-2 tries and it can be a bit touch and go and you will most probably have to either turn lights off to electric start or kick start it.

This bike does relatively well for long journeys 2-3hour rides (my longest ride)

While taking regular breaks to keep up concentration to ride safely and I have no problems with the seating position or how comfortable the seat is and I find all my rides enjoyable and can ride confidently.

I know how everyone slams chinese bike but i would say with regular maintenance there's no reason it couldn't be as good as any other motorbike.

I have also dropped this bike when i first bought it and the bike is strong and there wasn't any damage to fairings or the footpeg, only damage was to my pride :/ and i scuffed my helmet as i laid my head in shame at the way the bike pulled me down with it oh and the clutch handle is a little wobbly now but it's still in good condition.

Would i buy another? Yes but id buy it new because then id be the only person who ever loved it aha.

I plan to add to this thread in the future to build up a better profile for this bike :) .

1429459092381-1.jpg.6dbcf53f701f5382ab2b990af6b7458d.jpg

Kisha <3

I have a Skyjet 125-23 and I love the thing! Its cheap, cheerful and does exactly what I need it too! My only gripes are that its a bit heavy. I'm 6'3" tall and I manage OK for its size! I too bought mine 2nd hand for about £500!

Its true you can get more expensive bikes and people will tell you to do so, as they have me. But, its what I could afford at the time. Its my first bike, so I don't want something I'm frightened to drop! When I passed my driving test, I didn't buy a brand new car! I bought a cheap and cheerful thing to get my confidence up!

Mine is cheap to run and I have fixed everything on it my self! But truth be told, nothing really has gone wrong with it! (touching wood)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm new to biking and just passed my CBT.

I've been mulling over options, I must have read every review on the Internet and the general consensus is that Chinese bikes have come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years.

I'm left with a decision of do I pay £1500 - £2000 for a second hand Honda (that I don't truly know the history of) or at a cost of around £1k get a brand new SJ125-26 - which looks a nice bike.

I wonder if any forum members have an SJ125-26 and can give an honest review? I'm 5'11'' and not being close enough to any dealers I can't sit on one before I buy so would be helpful to understand riding position etc.