Kymco CK1 125 2014 model

soll

Hello All,

This review of my Kymco CK1 is based on the last 9 months of riding and maintaining.

Firstly, some history about KYMCO - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kymco

SO not Chinese, not japanese but Taiwanese with some japanese roots.

Now the looks:

Naked sports bike with some great colours. metallic green, CHampagne gold and metallic orange... I chose the Green.. I love green.

I was first interested ion this bike before i purchased my previous Kymco Pulsar.... but i wanted a bike NOW, and got fed up with waiting for delivery... a lesson learned.

Running in was fun, slow but fun.

first service was £85 @ 1 month

Next and all other services due at 6000km intervals or 6 months so easy to remember

the bike is comfortable, solid and tbh i like it.

not the fastest thing on the planet as its max's out at around 65, but it gets there pretty timely and sounds deeper than i expected with its four stroke.

tank of fuel is a recurrent £9 and for that i get a weeks worth of commuting (150 miles ish)

problems: None wat so ever.

what have i damaged: well, i caught the pillion seat with my boot zipper, demounting the bike not impressed. I dropped the bike and bent the gear selector which cost £35 to replace, and recently i caught the exhaust stroud in an incident and that cost me £55 to replace and fit myself.

Parts have been pretty quick, mainly less than a week from ordering.

my opinion.

for my first serious attempt at my age to get back to biking, I love it. solid, reliable, and above all predictable.

every day i get more and more confident and lean more and more through corners, I brake a little later and generally enjoy the bike.

My advice would be to always buy a new one, as you get a 2 year warranty and Kymco will pay for your CBT via a £100 rebate.

the cost new, £1999 plus OTR costs.

money well spent in my view, and now after 9 months, i dont regret this bike, I regret not waiting for delivery and ending up with a dodgy bike.

Also Kymco themselves are extremely helpful and have helped with various questions I have emailed them.

would I buy another one, yes, but I don't need too :P

You guys should though. Wish they made a bigger version