Motorbike usb cable

Forum rules
Please try to cover the areas listed below to give a complete overall review. This information, along with other reviews can inform and guide other members when choosing a motorcycle to purchase. Please remain factual and specific. 'It's shit' isnt adequate!

What model was it?
When did you buy it and how much did it cost?
Good points?
Bad points?
Would you get another?
Any other comments?
Attach a picture if you wish.

REMEMBER - PLEASE USE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR EACH REVIEW!

REPLY TO THREADS ONLY TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM ORIGINAL POSTER.

EVEN IF YOU WANT TO DO A REVIEW THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE... PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD.

THANK YOU
Baloo

Re: Motorbike usb cable

Post by Baloo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:55 am

Stu wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:53 am
its not been lost its been used :?

IMO its not a leak if its been used in what its supposed to be doing

I would agree to a leak if power was been used that shouldn't be thus flattening the battery
We will never agree, this is a waste of letters on a page. A electrical engineer would call that a loss. Just like your reg / rec has to convert power from your stator into 14v DC. It has to "lose" the unwanted power from the stator, and the way it does that is to dump it out to a heatsink.

Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Has liked: 4052 times
Been liked: 3523 times

Post by Stu » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am

Baloo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:55 am
Stu wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:53 am
its not been lost its been used :?

IMO its not a leak if its been used in what its supposed to be doing

I would agree to a leak if power was been used that shouldn't be thus flattening the battery
We will never agree, this is a waste of letters on a page. A electrical engineer would call that a loss. Just like your reg / rec has to convert power from your stator into 14v DC. It has to "lose" the unwanted power from the stator, and the way it does that is to dump it out to a heatsink.
yes your right we will probably never agree!!

the USB is doing exactly what a reg/rec does and looses the rest as heat so its doing its job!

A leak is something that shouldn't be there

Either way it uses power when nothing is plugged in and thats the question answered
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

Baloo

Post by Baloo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:03 pm

Stu wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am
Either way it uses power when nothing is plugged in and thats the question answered
But so little power that it would take months to drain a battery, in which case you probably want to use an optimiser anyway.

Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Has liked: 4052 times
Been liked: 3523 times

Post by Stu » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Baloo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:03 pm
Stu wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am
But so little power that it would take months to drain a battery, in which case you probably want to use an optimiser anyway.
We agree on two things!

Something wrong :shock:
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

Mgrhiki
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Mgrhiki » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Haha

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Joeman
Subscriber
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Has liked: 1150 times
Been liked: 973 times

Post by Joeman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Baloo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:20 am

Thank you. Nice to talk to someone about it that obviously has some understanding of electrical circuits.

I would stick a multi meter on one myself and post up the results, but the only one's I have are cigarette lighter socket ones which have an LED on them, so they will give spurious results.

Your original post clearly demonstrated zero understanding of electronics when you suggested because nothing was plugged in it should draw zero current..
But then you went on to spout crap about dripping taps and trying to use scientific phrases like conservation of energy...
Just admit you were wrong and don't actually have a scooby doo rather than belittling other people and trying to argue your way out.... :lol:

JRH
The Hoggfather!
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Challenge score: 320
Has liked: 1295 times
Been liked: 1247 times

Post by JRH » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:39 pm

Now look what you've done [mention]Mgrhiki[/mention] . :roll: :lol:
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750

2020 challenge 100

Pubs 8 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 3 / 12
East Midlands 1 /12
South Wales 2 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15
Bonus Bonus 2 / 15

Mgrhiki

Post by Mgrhiki » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Me?wt did i do its you guys give different answer i just ask simple question lol haha [emoji37][emoji206][emoji206] thanks guy

JRH
The Hoggfather!
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Challenge score: 320
Has liked: 1295 times
Been liked: 1247 times

Post by JRH » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:53 pm

:offtopic:

Just to upset every one, for some electronic devices, in this case proximity switches the supplier in the data sheets does list the "LEAKAGE CURRENT".
this is the amount of current that will flow in the circuit when the device is effectively OFF.

https://www.ifm.com/products/uk/ds/IF6044.htm

This is important in my line as these are often connected to Programmable Logic Controllers and if the leakage is too high the controller can not tell when the device is either on or off, and so will not control!

For this reason only i used Baloo's analogy so none electrical peoples understand what we are trying to say. But the leakage current doesnt fall out of the end of the wire, it produces heat in the component as a byproduct of keeping the electronics in a standby condition.
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750

2020 challenge 100

Pubs 8 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 3 / 12
East Midlands 1 /12
South Wales 2 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15
Bonus Bonus 2 / 15

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has liked: 1981 times
Been liked: 1432 times

Post by Hoggs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Baloo wrote:
A electrical engineer would call that a loss.
Hmm where can we find al electrical engineer.....
JRH wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Just to upset every one, for some electronic devices, in this case proximity switches the supplier in the data sheets does list the "LEAKAGE CURRENT".
this is the amount of current that will flow in the circuit when the device is effectively OFF.

This is important in my line as these are often connected to Programmable Logic Controllers and if the leakage is too high the controller can not tell when the device is either on or off, and so will not control!

For this reason only i used Baloo's analogy so none electrical peoples understand what we are trying to say. But the leakage current doesnt fall out of the end of the wire, it produces heat in the component as a byproduct of keeping the electronics in a standby condition.
CASE CLOSED :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE 2020 CHALLENGE?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71618

shit at modding, awesome at making challenge tags Not a fan of early Xmas decorating

Mgrhiki

Post by Mgrhiki » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:58 pm

hahah🤔🤔[emoji23]

Baloo

Post by Baloo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:37 pm

JRH wrote:

Which is exactly what I was saying, the heat is "leakage", thanks.

The whole point of an analogy is to simplify a complex concept, it doesn't have to be exactly the same.

Baloo

Post by Baloo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Hoggs wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:57 pm
Baloo wrote:
A electrical engineer would call that a loss.
Hmm where can we find al electrical engineer.....
JRH wrote:

CASE CLOSED :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed! :D :D :D :D

Baloo

Post by Baloo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Joeman wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:23 pm
Your original post clearly demonstrated zero understanding of electronics when you suggested because nothing was plugged in it should draw zero current..
No it didn't it posed a question
Baloo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:57 am
So to say the USB socket is drawing current despite nothing being powered from it, then you have to be able to explain what that energy is being converted into.

Please tell me what that is, and prove some evidence to back up your theory?
hmmm
Joeman wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:23 pm
Baloo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:20 am
But then you went on to spout crap about dripping taps and trying to use scientific phrases like conservation of energy...
Just admit you were wrong and don't actually have a scooby doo rather than belittling other people and trying to argue your way out.... :lol:
I have A level Physics, a degree in IT and I've worked in datacentre services for the last 12 years or so, with 22 years in IT. But no I'm not an electrical engineer clearly.

No, don't admit I was wrong, all I've been saying all along, is if the converter is drawing current then that must be going leaking somewhere, probably to heat, and that has turned out to be 100% accurate.

:up:

:wink: :D

Baloo

Post by Baloo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:00 pm

JRH wrote:
For this reason only i used Baloo's analogy so none electrical peoples understand what we are trying to say.
The electrical engineer used my analogy :booty:

It can't have been that bad :lol: :lol:

Ne, ne, ne, ne, ne, neh! :yay:

Return to “All Other Bike Reviews”