Sinnis Hoodlum

Forum rules
Please try to cover the areas listed below to give a complete overall review. This information, along with other reviews can inform and guide other members when choosing a motorcycle to purchase. Please remain factual and specific. 'It's shit' isnt adequate!

What model was it?
When did you buy it and how much did it cost?
Good points?
Bad points?
Would you get another?
Any other comments?
Attach a picture if you wish.

REMEMBER - PLEASE USE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR EACH REVIEW!

REPLY TO THREADS ONLY TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM ORIGINAL POSTER.

EVEN IF YOU WANT TO DO A REVIEW THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE... PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD.

THANK YOU
savo318
Bike(s): honda cg 125
Been liked: 18 times

Sinnis Hoodlum

Post by savo318 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Hiya.
I was wandering if anyone had any thoughts or knowledge of the Sinnis hoodlum. I've got my heart set on one, but can't find any reviews for it anywhere.

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has liked: 1981 times
Been liked: 1432 times

Re: Sinnis Hoodlum

Post by Hoggs » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:45 pm

*sucks air through teeth* Sure we can't tempt you with a nice little Japanese bike?
NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE 2020 CHALLENGE?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71618

shit at modding, awesome at making challenge tags Not a fan of early Xmas decorating

Fleck
Bike(s): KTM Duke 390 and Honda Vision
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by Fleck » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:00 am

How about a nice Z900RS in red?
Bikes:
2017 KTM Duke 390
2014 Honda Vision 110

Cars:
A small black one.

Yeldur
Bike(s): Streetfighter MK1 Bandit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Yeldur » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 pm

To be completely honest, Chinese bike bashing aside, I own a Sinnis Stealth and that bike has been more reliable than two of my sisters bikes, one being LexMoto and the other being Honda themselves.

I bought it pre-owned with about 10,000 miles on the clock, and have done another probably 6,000 miles on top of that, and had no problems what so ever. Other than the chain snapping, but I put that down to a mixture of age and me learning how often I should be cleaning/lubing my chain. Since I bought a new chain I've had absolutely no issues caused by a fault of the bike itself. Call Chinese bikes what you like, but given that this bike has beaten even a Honda out of the park, I know I'm glad to have bought it. (Plus I spent a grand total of £700 on getting it, whereas my sisters bikes have costed about £1600 and maybe more. That's double what it costed me and then some lol.

Chinese bikes aren't always the best to get and I would advise getting a Japanese one, but if you're tight for cash, in my opinion the best Chinese brand you could go for would be Sinnis.

savo318
Bike(s): honda cg 125
Been liked: 18 times

Post by savo318 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:07 pm

Fleck, as nice as that bike is, and as much as i'd love it ( and believe me i would). Im still on my cbt licence.
The reasons i was looking at the sinnis are.
Firstly money, im on pretty much a minimum wage job, so need cheap, and out of the cheap bikes this is among the best of the bunch.
Secondly its got a low seat, is was injured in the forces, and am now waiting on new hip. getting my leg over a higher bike is difficult and painfull.
Thirdly, and i suppose less importantly, i really like the styling of the bike.

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has liked: 1981 times
Been liked: 1432 times

Post by Hoggs » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:34 pm

if you're gonna do it... then you're gonna need to know basic maintenance so chain, oil, brakes checking everything that's moving is and nothing that shouldn't be is! Check out some YouTube videos and ask as much as you need to ( if you don't know- apologies if you do! )
NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE 2020 CHALLENGE?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71618

shit at modding, awesome at making challenge tags Not a fan of early Xmas decorating

Return to “All Other Bike Reviews”