Keeway RKS 125 - best Chinese bike?

Let me start off by saying I’ve been riding just over a year now and I’ve been through absolute hell when it comes to bikes, YBR 125 (engine seized, bore kit was installed without my knowledge from previous owner), AJS TN12 (all round pile of steaming ****), keeway RKS 125 (I’m in love with it)

So now I’ve cleared that up this review is coming from pure experience with other 125’s I’ve owned all of which were used but with very low miles 2000-4000, so I’ll be comparing this bike to those based on reliability, safety, and affordability.

Let’s start, after the AJS developed so many problems in such a short time causing me to crash into a car at 30mph I spent what would be the worst 2 months of my life with the bike in my garden completely unsafe to use however still rideable, I noticed an ad for a keeway RKS on Facebook marketplace for only £500!! with the only issues being a dent on the tank a missing rear view mirror and no tank cap (has a plastic one from petrol station instead) I jumped at the opportunity to finally get back in the saddle again and messaged the seller, to which he responded and I’d bought the bike the very next day and driven it home in pure joy.

However on the ride home the first thing I was to notice was a very unusual sensation coming from the bike, like it had fallen in love with the road and just didn’t want to let go, even in corners and gravel the bike didn’t slide an inch every corner was so smooth and perfect and the bike felt safe, like I was secure and nothing could cause me to skid or move, I thought there must be some Michellin or Pirelli’s that I haven’t heard of yet on it however that wasn’t the case, this bike is packing what is possibly one of the best motorcycle tyres I’ve ever ridden with, Cordials, and I know the name doesn’t ring a bell and that’s because they shouldn’t, these tyres are made in China and sold on for £2-5 each and I’m still in utter shock at how good they actually are in the wet and dry, no skidding, no gliding sensation, nothing and these tyres have been on the bike for 10,000 miles (i bought the bike at 4000), and still nowhere close to the legal limit.

Next, The brakes, there’s an awful lot I can say about the brakes but I’ll keep it as simple as I can, they grab, and when I say they grab, they really grab, the bike has 10,000 mile brake pads that are still going and they stop like fresh pads, just 30 minutes ago whilst riding and when I decided to make this review due to the bike saving my life I was driving down a 40 road and a car stopped suddenly and I wasn’t even paying attention and noticed at probably 4 feet from the car, I slammed on both brakes and went from 40 to 0 in a second, seriously I’m not sure what Keeway is doing but whatever it is they deserve a gold star.

Now the performance of the bike on a good day without too much wind on a straight flat road you’ll be looking at reaching about 80mph and that’s at 10,000rpm downhill 89mph depending on the conditions, the acceleration is where the bike really shines when I’d decided to play a game of traffic light GP with a gallardo, this little 125 smoked a car with 1000x the power and all for £500, it’s sure to put a smile on the face of even the most experienced rider.

That’s the end of my review anyway, hope you enjoyed.

TL;DR: I love the bike, you should buy it, you’ll love it too

Guest Richzx6r

Well glad you like this one, not sure the brakes are quite as good but I think we get your gist, though if they are as good as you say do they fit a 03 zx6r :scratch:

Those tyres sound good but I'd always go Michelin as nothing beats them imho

Well glad you like this one, not sure the brakes are quite as good but I think we get your gist, though if they are as good as you say do they fit a 03 zx6r :scratch:

Those tyres sound good but I'd always go Michelin as nothing beats them imho

Don’t think they would, it’s drum at the back and standard disc at the front but it’s the front brake that just amazes me

• 3 years later...

From your brief description it could be the circuit board in the housing that is playing up as its got hot, or as you say could be a sensor somewhere that is sending a rogue signal. Your best bet would be to speak to a bike dealer that has experiance of this make and pick their brains and hopefully they have seen the same problem.