Aprillia garden find .

Come on Bob, we need an update!!!!

:popcorn:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiing kak kak kak kak Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing !! It's very much alive . Sounds really sweet . Today is a very good day.

Before I get carried away I've got to test the oil feed . But it sounds amazing ! If only the brakes weren't seized I'd be going for a cheeky thrash round the block .

Started it again without choke and the revs went up and up until I had to stop it . Then it wouldn't start again . That's fuel starvation isn't it ? There was no smoke from the exhaust which is presumably not good but there was some oily tar like substance dripping from the silencer junction . Remember there no air filter at the moment . Anyway who cares ? For a free bike that's been in a blackberry bush for ten years I'm not complaining .

Does that not mean its burning oil? Or is it just diesels that rev out on oil?

I've no idea , two-strokes are not my thing . It's early days yet , I never expected it to start at all .

I've no idea , two-strokes are not my thing . It's early days yet , I never expected it to start at all .

It won't be dieseling, the compression ratio isn't high enough.

You're probably right that it's running out of fuel.

Guest Richzx6r

It won't be dieseling, the compression ratio isn't high enough.

You're probably right that it's running out of fuel.

Yea I didn't know if as 2strokes burnt some oil the they would diesel

Yeah premix some oil to be safe. Better too much oil than not enough.

Check the rubber between the carb and cylinder. Could be spilt allowing it to suck more air.

I actually think you might just own the most reliable RS125 in history with it working after all that time :lol:

On my and all the others I've ever known, you plan on servicing the top end at 10k, it will seize at 8. You plan on doing it at 8k, it will seize at 6. If you run ever so slightly the wrong oil, that's a seize. Lean out a rich mixture even slightly too much, seize. Ride it too long on a hot day, seize.

Look at it funny? That may have just cost you your crank case seals.

I've had 2 RS125's and an RS50. If you need help just pop a question as I've probably had whatever part it is out of the bike at some time or another :thumb:

And great find btw!

I actually think you might just own the most reliable RS125 in history with it working after all that time :lol:

On my and all the others I've ever known, you plan on servicing the top end at 10k, it will seize at 8. You plan on doing it at 8k, it will seize at 6. If you run ever so slightly the wrong oil, that's a seize. Lean out a rich mixture even slightly too much, seize. Ride it too long on a hot day, seize.

Look at it funny? That may have just cost you your crank case seals.

I've had 2 RS125's and an RS50. If you need help just pop a question as I've probably had whatever part it is out of the bike at some time or another :thumb:

And great find btw!

That's greatly appreciated , cheers .

Check the rubber between the carb and cylinder. Could be spilt allowing it to suck more air.

Not too much though else the mixture won't ignite.

When I put the RGV engine back together, it was an arse to get started, fouling plugs .

I knew the oil from the pump was through as I have clear lines on it.

Put fresh non pre mix fuel in and it started right away.

Good point that , the rubber did look superficially a bit cracked but it seemed otherwise sound . I'll have a better look . I've got a lot more fiddling to do . In fact I hadn't planned to start it just yet but because the solenoid and starter motor worked I just couldn't resist sticking a temporary fuel tank on it to see what happened. It started first go and revved and idled ok much to my surprise and delight. I only ran it for 30 seconds . The second time I started it it was not so good . This is where the revs rapidly went up like the throttle was stuck open . I have also noticed that the exhaust is very wobbly at the head so that will get looked at. It will have to go on the back burner for a while as I'm getting the new Harley on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing how this progresses

To be honest it may not progress further than " Can be heard running " in the Garden Find advert on eBay or Gumtree. The tyres are perished and the callipers are beyond recovery so I will probably move it on as a project to someone with the time and determination to do it justice . I got it for free and the prospect of clear profit is very appealing.

To be honest it may not progress further than " Can be heard running " in the Garden Find advert on eBay or Gumtree. The tyres are perished and the callipers are beyond recovery so I will probably move it on as a project to someone with the time and determination to do it justice . I got it for free and the prospect of clear profit is very appealing.

I will start the bidding at £5 :lol:

I will start the bidding at £5 :lol:

Think you find if you read the previous posts your way off 😁