Honda SS125

This section is for discussion on old/classic motorbikes. Also please use this section to put your project and restoration threads.
Message
Author
skyrider
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has Liked: 174 times
Been Liked: 285 times

Re: Honda SS125

#136 Post by skyrider » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:16 pm

good work :thumb:
i dont know where im going but i will when i get there

Bianco2564
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): R1,Silverwing,RGV250,GT380,SS125!Velosolex
Location: Rugby
Has Liked: 78 times
Been Liked: 397 times

Re: Honda SS125

#137 Post by Bianco2564 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Ordered some new mirrors for the Honda as I thought it looked a bit unfinished.
I had fitted the number plate with normal bolts but didn't like the way it looked so got some M5 coach bolts instead,might paint them black so they blend in.
All I've left to do is replace the wheel rims and spokes but I'm going to leave that until after the Rugby bike fest just in case it turns to sh1t.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skyrider
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has Liked: 174 times
Been Liked: 285 times

Re: Honda SS125

#138 Post by skyrider » Thu May 09, 2019 11:25 am

smooth :thumb:
i dont know where im going but i will when i get there

fastbob
Posts: 5092
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Location: Coventry
Has Liked: 2735 times
Been Liked: 2415 times

Re: Honda SS125

#139 Post by fastbob » Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Bianco2564 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:58 pm
Ordered some new mirrors for the Honda as I thought it looked a bit unfinished.
I had fitted the number plate with normal bolts but didn't like the way it looked so got some M5 coach bolts instead,might paint them black so they blend in.
All I've left to do is replace the wheel rims and spokes but I'm going to leave that until after the Rugby bike fest just in case it turns to sh1t.
Definitely paint them black . 🤔 . Might check out the bike fest .

Bianco2564
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): R1,Silverwing,RGV250,GT380,SS125!Velosolex
Location: Rugby
Has Liked: 78 times
Been Liked: 397 times

Re: Honda SS125

#140 Post by Bianco2564 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:10 pm

fastbob wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 pm
Bianco2564 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:58 pm
Ordered some new mirrors for the Honda as I thought it looked a bit unfinished.
I had fitted the number plate with normal bolts but didn't like the way it looked so got some M5 coach bolts instead,might paint them black so they blend in.
All I've left to do is replace the wheel rims and spokes but I'm going to leave that until after the Rugby bike fest just in case it turns to sh1t.
Definitely paint them black . 🤔 . Might check out the bike fest .
Will get them done before Sunday :thumb:
Should be displaying the Honda on the VJMC stand which will be down by the town hall,hope to see you there.

User avatar
OliverMatthews
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 1:05 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Bmw gs 800
Location: London
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Honda SS125

#141 Post by OliverMatthews » Sat May 18, 2019 1:39 pm

Bianco2564 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:58 pm
Ordered some new mirrors for the Honda as I thought it looked a bit unfinished.
I had fitted the number plate with normal bolts but didn't like the way it looked so got some M5 coach bolts instead,might paint them black so they blend in.
All I've left to do is replace the wheel rims and spokes but I'm going to leave that until after the Rugby bike fest just in case it turns to sh1t.
My neighboor has SS125 but it doesn't look like yours. Very impressive 8-)

Bianco2564
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): R1,Silverwing,RGV250,GT380,SS125!Velosolex
Location: Rugby
Has Liked: 78 times
Been Liked: 397 times

Re: Honda SS125

#142 Post by Bianco2564 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Painted the coach bolts last in a Kelloggs spray booth and fitted them today.
All set for the Rugby bikefest tomorrow :thumb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fastbob
Posts: 5092
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Location: Coventry
Has Liked: 2735 times
Been Liked: 2415 times

Re: Honda SS125

#143 Post by fastbob » Sun May 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Bianco2564 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:58 pm
Painted the coach bolts last in a Kelloggs spray booth and fitted them today.
All set for the Rugby bikefest tomorrow :thumb:
.You didn't hang around too long mate . I came to say hello at 14:00 and you had gone . Never mind , some other time .

Bianco2564
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): R1,Silverwing,RGV250,GT380,SS125!Velosolex
Location: Rugby
Has Liked: 78 times
Been Liked: 397 times

Re: Honda SS125

#144 Post by Bianco2564 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:08 pm

fastbob wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Bianco2564 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:58 pm
Painted the coach bolts last in a Kelloggs spray booth and fitted them today.
All set for the Rugby bikefest tomorrow :thumb:
.You didn't hang around too long mate . I came to say hello at 14:00 and you had gone . Never mind , some other time .
I had to bail about 1.30, I'd been out the house since 8.45 and been getting a few comments from OH, "going on another bike thing?"
Sorry about that and yes catch up another time.
Next event for me will be the Daventry show in a few weeks.

Good turn out again and good to see the town centre that busy.
Honda ran well and seemed to attract a fair bit of attention.
OH got a pic of me during the ride in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bianco2564
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): R1,Silverwing,RGV250,GT380,SS125!Velosolex
Location: Rugby
Has Liked: 78 times
Been Liked: 397 times

Re: Honda SS125

#145 Post by Bianco2564 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:23 pm

After what seems ages, I managed to start work on 're building the front wheel.
No1 grandson and me took the wheel apart and wire brushed and polished up the hub.
Good experience for him, learning the skills and names of all the parts of the wheel and tools used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fastbob
Posts: 5092
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Location: Coventry
Has Liked: 2735 times
Been Liked: 2415 times

Re: Honda SS125

#146 Post by fastbob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Now that he's finished are you going to let him have his shoes back ? 😉

Bianco2564
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): R1,Silverwing,RGV250,GT380,SS125!Velosolex
Location: Rugby
Has Liked: 78 times
Been Liked: 397 times

Re: Honda SS125

#147 Post by Bianco2564 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:23 pm

fastbob wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:56 pm
Now that he's finished are you going to let him have his shoes back ? 😉
Lol, Yes held the shoes to ransom until the hub was clean. :D
He seemed most interested in my magnetic bolt tray where I put the spoke nuts, he kept sticking it to various things in the garden and garage.

Bianco2564
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): R1,Silverwing,RGV250,GT380,SS125!Velosolex
Location: Rugby
Has Liked: 78 times
Been Liked: 397 times

Re: Honda SS125

#148 Post by Bianco2564 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm

Laced the front wheel up, just got to true and tension it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.