cafe racer

right so after after a bit of waffling i think i might have come up with an idea for a winter project and beyond and that is a yam 2 stroke twin cafe racer, in 1978 i had a new rd 250e and i have missed it ever since so im on the look out for a frame to start and then probably a race style tank and single seat, i hope to source some used parts off fleabay after the frame i think the important thing will be the motor which will be either be 250 350 or a 400 and then i reckon it will be a saving up session for a while to get more parts :|

no you are right Bob there doesn't and i have seen that one on fleabay and a thing that is happening now is that the price of the air cooled models are now on a par with the LC's and that is getting expensive especially the 400's i think there is one on fleabay for £10,000 which is way beyond my means anyway that isn't what i want i more or less want to start from scratch with just a frame

• 2 weeks later...

i have been in touch with the guy selling the frame and asked him how easy would it be to get a v5 for it and up to now im not getting any straight answers and he has now put the frame on fleabay so maybe a change of plan :|

some of them on the forum have got back to me and the news isnt great, seemingly you have to build the bike and put it in for an mot and then the german frame needs a dating certificate and a registration fee which is £100 so im thinking bugger it and just get a classic jap bike and have done with it :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

i have been in touch with the guy selling the frame and asked him how easy would it be to get a v5 for it and up to now im not getting any straight answers and he has now put the frame on fleabay so maybe a change of plan :|

Your intuition would be serving you right. Trade cautiously :)