Switching to different sized wheels, need help

So I recently bought an xl650v and the rear wheel is unsalvageable. The cost of getting a new rim and spokes are just too high for the worth of the bike. So, I found a pair of nt650v alloys that are in great condition. The nt650v uses the same engine as the xl650v, but the rear wheel is shaft driven and slightly wider.

I really would like these wheels on the bike as it'll be more of a tourer then and less of an adv.

Would the nt650v go onto the xl650v easily and convert nicely to chain driven or what should I do?

I feel that this predicament is make or break for the bike now. It runs amazingly and is my first bike, but there are quite a few jobs to be done to it (Respraying fairings, repairing framework etc.)

If I can't get these wheels to fit (Haven't bought them yet) I may need to break up and sell the big in pieces.

Please help, thanks.

Not sure i am getting this right, you want to use a shaft drive wheel and convert it to chain drive type using your existing hub.

This would entail new spokes, yes?

You may think it's expensive but you could rebuild the wheel itself, it's not that hard to do though the have to find out if you existing wheel has an offset of the rim to the hub. Most wheels are central but it's seay to find out. Put your spindle in a vice vertically, drop the wheel on and measure from the bench to the wheel rim and hub and work out it it is central or offset.

As for the building the hole centres on the hub when they reach the rim it usually works out to every 5th hole on the rin but check yours.

I have changed wheels from different models of the same make but that just involved making spacer and changing the drive side over but thats buy the buy.