Motorino Atala Rizzato

Front wheel finished apart from some more cleaning on the inside of the rim and the spokes, all the rubber has been fitted, bearings greased and is now happily back on Florence, the back whel is off now and undergoing the same treatment :lol: :thumb:

Wheel before refitting. sorry for it being out of focus :shock:

P1020715.thumb.JPG.e20aaed803b2cbfeb3d3b17fc952e8b8.JPG

Looking good

Usually coat mesh filters with light oil.

Thanks [mention]Bender[/mention] i will give it light spray with the air filter oil i have then :thumb:

Rear wheel done and back on, put the chain on but will order a new one as a couple of the links are very stiff, i did clean it and looks ok apart from these two links, will also need to try and source some brake cables and the little bolts you use to tighten the cable, the front one snapped whilst i was tightening it up, so no test riding till the brakes are sorted, no pics this time as i was covered in grime and the bike is locked up and just got myself cleaned up :lol: :thumb:

I have brakes! :lol: in a temporary fashion, i had an idea last night and put it into practice this morning and it works, just need some new cables and refine the fixings with some suitably sized bolts and washers but otherwise we are good :thumb:

P1020723.thumb.JPG.5e75ce7c38288ad3221993b832b1060c.JPG

P1020724.thumb.JPG.a23f03e0fedd27a3bea7d4709282e1c7.JPG

Coming along @dynax.......I'm looking forward to the Ride Report on this one!

Once i get the tank sorted and a few other bits, i know of a couple of places that are private that i might be able to use to give it test ride, with permission though :thumb:

Update: Florence is not a Califfo De Luxe she is in fact a Motorino Atala Rizzato and dates back to the 1960's possibly late 50's :lol: :thumb:

So technically potential for being mot and tax exempt

Certainly looks like it, the latest i can find of this particular model dates to 1974 which is roughly when the Califfo De Luxe was launched :thumb:

New chain and new brake cables fitted :thumb:

P1020725.thumb.JPG.5758e33ec3057a414a8bfc8304c7175f.JPG

P1020727.thumb.JPG.dc930a6558d9eae417c657c3dfe9a98f.JPG

I bought these universal kits that have 1 brake cable and 1 throttle cable and fittings, i had to get 2 but at £6 each saves a load of hassle looking for specific ones :lol: :thumb:

P1020731.thumb.JPG.ecfa63750b38aed370352974529d26cb.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For all intents and purposes mechanically it is finished, cleaned out the tank the coca cola worked well enough, thoroughly cleaned with soapy water and rinsed, then flushed with methylated spirits, then flushed again with a mix of meths and 2t oil using this method leaves an oily coating as the meths evaporates :thumb: , tank has been refitted and fuel tap and lines plumbed in, exhaust refitted, chain guard on, and finally all bolts and nuts and everything checked and tightened up, after dinner will mix up some fuel, petrol and 2t oil not cola :thumb: and will give it a test run :thumb:

You've done a fine job . I love the contrast between the gold chain and the untouched patina on the bodywork . Are you going to do a video of the start up and post a link to YouTube ? With my ER5 nearing completion I'd love to do a project on something as simple as a vintage moped .

Thanks [mention]fastbob[/mention] , Yes i will might have to wait though rain has put a temporary stop and my main camera isn't waterproof, i was very lucky that the rust is just superficial and not structual rot, i love the honesty of the patina, for some reason it just suits it, i have seen other mopeds like the Puch's and Moby's fully restored to showroom condition, but then they all look the same and seem to lack character, regarding the body amd metal work it will just get rubbed with linseed oil, i do need to do some welding on the rear luggage rack were it has come away from a small bracket but in no rush to do that yet :thumb: