CG125 M1 Headlight Bulb Holder

Hi everyone, I have a CG125 2002 M1 with the rectangular headlight, i have lost the headlight bulb holder and I have looked everywhere for a replacement but cannot find anything which looks like the one I lost. from what I can remember from it it used a spring to secure in place? Anyone know where these are available from?

Thanks

Rich

I've got a lot of experience with CG 125's and I'm stumped . Can you post a picture of the back of the reflector and the bulb please ?

Probably easier to find a complete unit from ebay, or change it for the round one which is available brand new on wemoto, they come supplied with 6v bulbs so you would need to order 12v ones if you went this route or try ebay for a used one :thumb:

Yes, Its just the rectangular style headlight with a circular cutout where the bulb fits.

Right , that's what I suspected it would look like . I just can't imagine how the bulb holder is secured in that big round hole . Sorry.

Right , that's what I suspected it would look like . I just can't imagine how the bulb holder is secured in that big round hole . Sorry.

Have you not seen one before then?

I've built nine CG 125s and to the best of my recollection they all had round headlights . So no , I haven't seen one like that . The ones I do remember would have had two cut outs like this and the bulb holder would be push in and twist to lock .

Polish_20201027_220543370.png.3e5629f20a90ff2dd780c2c3a7ac216b.png

Edited by fastbob

I've built nine CG 125s and to the best of my recollection they all had round headlights . So no , I haven't seen one like that .

If you look at the penultimate pic there"s a cut out in the hole at about 11 o'clock. The tab of the holder locates in that.

There's then a spring that goes from about 4 o'clock on the holder to that little sticky outy holey thing in the bottom right of the rear of the reflector.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and you'll see what I'm banging on about.

I've built nine CG 125s and to the best of my recollection they all had round headlights . So no , I haven't seen one like that .

If you look at the penultimate pic there"s a cut out in the hole at about 11 o'clock. The tab of the holder locates in that.

There's then a spring that goes from about 4 o'clock on the holder to that little sticky outy holey thing in the bottom right of the rear of the reflector.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and you'll see what I'm banging on about.

Whether I know what it looks like or not dosen't actually solve the problem .

Whether I know what it looks like or not dosen't actually solve the problem .

I don't understand then. You've not seen one and don't understand how it works.

I have the same light on the same bike and am explaining how it goes together and offering info on an easy upgrade as a solution to the "I've lost all the bits off the back" problem.

It is the same headlight as used on the CB125TD, my CG is also the square one although i am seriously thinking of changing it for a round one, as the light spread and pattern is much better, there are plenty of replacements units on ebay complete with all the fittings and relevent holders :thumb: