restoration project

I remember one last winter i believe it was. Cant remember what bike it was or anything about it apart from there being a lotus outside in one or two of the pictures (topic went slightly off topic because of this)

Or it may have been last summer, and they stopped doing it in the winter because they had to use the garage for the car. Anyone know what I am on about? I was enjoying that thread, and I think it should be carried on, i just cant find it anywhere because it was too long ago

I remember one last winter i believe it was. Cant remember what bike it was or anything about it apart from there being a lotus outside in one or two of the pictures (topic went slightly off topic because of this)

Or it may have been last summer, and they stopped doing it in the winter because they had to use the garage for the car. Anyone know what I am on about? I was enjoying that thread, and I think it should be carried on, i just cant find it anywhere because it was too long ago

I love restoration threads but even had trouble finding my own :)

It would be really nice to have a proper home on this site for all restoration threads as So much work goes into writing them and they will soon be lost in the bike chat section and wont give the inspiration to others for which they were done in the first place ......Looks hopefully at the site Owners :love:

I love restoration threads but even had trouble finding my own :)

It would be really nice to have a proper home on this site for all restoration threads as So much work goes into writing them and they will soon be lost in the bike chat section and wont give the inspiration to others for which they were done in the first place ......Looks hopefully at the site Owners :love:

that's a really good idea, especially as they have just finished extra home things. and yours is nice and easy to find haha.

do you remember the one i am on about?

I too agree that its a good idea but there's not really much call for it to be honest!

If we only have one or two projects a year it might be a waste of space!

But on the flip side without the section people won't post their project threads!

It's a catch 22

Let us give it some thought :-)

You could combine restoration with spare parts, accessory fitting guides and valeting in one section. :?:

not a bad idea :)

but like i say lets have a think for now

like i say above its ok having all these new sections its whether they get used :?

Stu, every time i see you or vicky has had the last reply on a post, because it seems I used to only see you around on threads that have gone wrong, my first thought is "a mod/owner has had to step in and lock it" lol

You could combine restoration with spare parts, accessory fitting guides and valeting in one section. :?:

not a bad idea :)

but like i say lets have a think for now

like i say above its ok having all these new sections its whether they get used :?

I belive if there was a restoration section more people would become inspired to have a go and it would therfor become more used :)

And it may not have to be just a bike Restoration ....It could be just a single part like a seat or a brake caliper ?

I would Love to read about somebody restoring a spoked wheel for example .....but I am just strange :drool:

Hope to be swapping tail units on my Blade during the winter and hopefully making a new silencer and link pipe for it. Will be posting the slow progress of this and other projects if anyone interested?