thort that I would start this thread to try and encorage myself to get a move on with this project, I have had this bike for about a year and a half so far and due to a few medical issues it has pritty much been egnored.

it is a 1985 SRX6 import, kickstart only single cilinder 600cc cafe racer

main issues with the bike are:-

wont start!!!!!!

couple of slight dents to the fule tank

slight surface fust to small areas of the frame

but for a 28 year old bike it aint too bad.

the first thing to do was to try and get it to run! first off the batery was knackerd, so ebay here we come, £25 later and in comes a new batery, so great all the electrics work, light, horn, indicators etc. turn the enition on make shore the dead man swich is off (yes I am a plonker and have swarn at bikes for not starting when the dead man swich has been flicked :lol: ) kick it over and?????? nothing.

so out with the spark plug and check for a spark (this is a bit difficult whilst trying to kick it at the same time :lol: ) and we have a spark but no fule in the cilinder???? so after a lot of scratching of heads and pulling and bending we get the twin carbs out (yes two carbs for one cilinder?) and as expected they are full of gunk, clean them out and put them back in, fule valve onto prime position with new fule and wate for it?????????? nothing.

and that is where it has been for the last two monthes, hence this thread to kick start myself into getting it finished for the thundersprint next year

DSCF0055.jpg.ef8ebb5cdd8d4593b841818ed09795a3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheshire, try putting half an egg cup of engine oil down the bore turn it over a few times then replace the spark plug and go for a start and see if you are lucky, if it starts it just means the bore had dried out from standing and not giving enough suction or compression.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking bike !

There is no better way to get a project moving than to publish it on this Forum where people will Nag you to entertain them with stunning pictures and amusing stories about your progress :D

Belive me I know !!

Btw When you gonna start stripping it down then ? huh ?huh?huh? ...........Are we nearly there yet ? :D

Hi all. I thought I would share some pictures of my current ride. SRX6 Yamaha Cafe 1JX as it came from the box in 1986. This girl has 10 clicks on her and rides extremely well for a LAM ride.

To me it seems like a bit of an oddity (in my area at least). I am wondering if anyone else is enthused in this bike as I am.