Need help, Can't decide what bike to work on!

Guest Gothalicta

HELLO!

My Name is Kyle, I am only 15 - So I cant legally ride a bike

however, I want to get a bike now and work on it as a project

until I do my CBT. (So preferably a 125) I was wondering if anyone

could suggest a good bike to work on :) I like pretty much all

bikes, as long as it's not; Off-road or a scooter :D

Thank you for reading, Kyle.

Hi Kyle, don't forget to say hi in the newbies section ;-)

Any bike is a good one to work on, but if you plan on doing your CBT when you are 16 you will only be ably to ride a machine with a maximum 49cc. Get a bike, some tools and a haynes manual and tinker away! :-)

Cool, it is nice to see young people who want to tinker and lern :D god I am showing my age :lol:

as above it will have to be a 50cc if you want to ride on your CBT at 16, but an engin is an engin, from when they first came out in ????? to now the basic principal has stayed the same, fule pumped in to a cilinder is set on fire that pushes the piston down and the next piston up!

If you have got a year to play you have got time to find a knacker and do it up (obviosly look for one that isnt too bad) but YOU WILL DROP IT as with all lerning you will make mistakes so I personaly would start with a cheap bike and work from there as your experience and ability develop

Aprilia RS50 from the old era as they had the Minerelli engine and was more chunky than the new one, which is more fragile and weaker...

Get a really tatty one as parts are a dime a dozen, then spend the next year with a Haynes manual rebuilding it, we and especially I can help you with these as mine was in bits more times that it was on the road (mostly due to me wanting to tinker) and its a great full sized starter bike...

Capable of 60mph with basic derestriction with power band set to 3000-8000rpm.

• 6 months later...

Harley Davidson bike is also an good option for you if you are looking for classic and legendary bikes. Harley Dvzaidson is a head turner amazing look and style this bike has.

Harley Davidson bike is also an good option for you if you are looking for classic and legendary bikes. Harley Dvzaidson is a head turner amazing look and style this bike has.

Really?

A Harley Davidson is a good option for a 15 year old looking for a learner legal bike he can tinker with?

Are you on Heroin and drain cleaner?

(I await your spam posts to start after you have amazed us all with your massive knowledge about bikes for 5 or so posts)

Really?

A Harley Davidson is a good option for a 15 year old looking for a learner legal bike he can tinker with?

Are you on Heroin and drain cleaner?

(I await your spam posts to start after you have amazed us all with your massive knowledge about bikes for 5 or so posts)

My sides hurt! Maybe means Airfix? :shock: