importing a bike

Hi folks, I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer :)

I've bought a 98 rf600r in R.O.ireland which was previously a uk bike, its on irish plates now, how do I go about re-registering it to get uk plates ? I can only find info for bikes 10 years or younger, this is 14 years old. Does it need an sva test ? Or can I just contact dvla, pay a fee and get new plates ?? Cheers for any info and advice.

read the exceptions on here http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 071777.pdf

Age of vehicle: If your motorbike / moped etc. is over 10 years of age, based on the date of first

registration, it is exempt from this VCA procedure. The changes outlined later in this application would, in

most cases, still need to be made, but please contact DVLA to discuss vehicle registration.

Vehicle previously registered in the United Kingdom? If this applies to your vehicle please contact the

DVLA to see if they will require you to come via VCA for approval.

so looks like you can do it but you will have to contact DVLA :?

read the exceptions on here http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 071777.pdf

Age of vehicle: If your motorbike / moped etc. is over 10 years of age, based on the date of first

registration, it is exempt from this VCA procedure. The changes outlined later in this application would, in

most cases, still need to be made, but please contact DVLA to discuss vehicle registration.

Vehicle previously registered in the United Kingdom? If this applies to your vehicle please contact the

DVLA to see if they will require you to come via VCA for approval.

so looks like you can do it but you will have to contact DVLA :?