Kawasaki Firecracker Red paint code.

I have managed to find myself a seat cowl for my GPZ500, no idea if it will look any good when it turns up, but I shall trial fit and see if it is worth keeping.

It is in a black colour though looking at the photo's, and it will need to be in Kawasaki Firecracker Red (pretty sure that my 1989 GPZ500s in red/white used that particular colour?)

Does anybody know what paint codes I need to give somebody like Halfords to get a good paint match?

yours is a pretty old bike, it's unlikely that the paint on yours won't have faded over the years. I'm pretty sure a good paint shop can tell you what the paint code needs to be now for a good match. Although i don't know how much they might charge for this service!

yours is a pretty old bike, it's unlikely that the paint on yours won't have faded over the years. I'm pretty sure a good paint shop can tell you what the paint code needs to be now for a good match. Although i don't know how much they might charge for this service!

Yea, I did think about the paint fade issue, but to be fair she is in good nick paint wise and looks to have been stored under cover for the majority of her time.

I realise that the actual paint these days will be a different shade (at best) but realistically I don't want to spend a fortune matching paint perfectly on a bike that, with the best will in the world is worth what? £600?

I realise that the actual paint these days will be a different shade (at best) but realistically I don't want to spend a fortune matching paint perfectly on a bike that, with the best will in the world is worth what? £600?

I have the same issue as you. I want to paint the belly pan the same colour as the rest of the bike but getting the exact colour is going to be tricky. I'm going to remove a small section of nose fairing and simply take that to Halfords and match it up as best I can with the cans they have on display.. :wink:

if there is a line between the 2 panels (i.e. a small gap) then matching so closely won't be too much of an issue. it's mainly when you're repairing a section of a main panel, even then, you'd need to feather it in.

i've taken a quick look online and the device you're after is a handheld spectrophotometer. they currently retail at around £2500... im sure they will have one at your local body shop though...