Coating Screws

So I have started trying to make my 2nd hand Varadero shine again and need some advice!

I removed a few really rusty screws and using vinegar got all the rust off :-D

but now they seemed to have taken another layer off them as not only do they now rust even faster but they don't look the same colour as the one still on my bike look almost black.

Do you have to coated them in a special coating or something to protect them while they get weathered on the bike?

Thanks in advance

Yep, may be easier to replace.

ACF50 is good at removing rust and also preventing future rust. I put a little bit on a rag and coat metal parts very so often after the bike has been washed.

Its quite expensive but good stuff and you don't need to spray it around, a little goes a long way

Yep, may be easier to replace.

ACF50 is good at removing rust and also preventing future rust. I put a little bit on a rag and coat metal parts very so often after the bike has been washed.

Its quite expensive but good stuff and you don't need to spray it around, a little goes a long way

Yeah I've bought some screws already, I actually ordered a few bits about 4weeks ago, but the company are being VERY slow! I've chased them 3x now. They are waiting for bit to come into stock. So much for 7day shipping

So I thought it would be quicker just cleaning bits myself.

I've just ordered acf50 [emoji2]