What is this please?

Guest CarlLeyland

Hi Chaps,

I am new to the forum so hello to everyone. Having been looking for something to fiddle with I have just been given this! Maybe its of no use except for practice?

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 ... 5vchtf.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 ... l0wamn.jpg

Is this an XL 125? It has been stored for a long time but the wheels etc are OK...everything else is err...pretty useless. As of yet I have not seen an ID plate, I am just curious as too what it is as it was free!

Thanks in advance

Thanks Chaps! I have found a Suzuki S on the underside of one of the controls...it was in an open barn for at least 10 years. It may be a non starter for a project but I will certainly be keeping the wheels. Could it be an old DT?DR?? I know nothing about Suzuki trail bikes.

I have been reading the adventures of others on here, what a great resource this place is!

Have you restored a bike before? If yes then you will be familiar with the time money and effort aspect if not then imo although a freebee this maybe a lil too much to chew.

Sourcing the no end of fiddly bits and pieces to get that into a good condition and on the road could be the end of the road for you. You dont want to scare yourself away from restoring before you start.

I picked up a pegaso 650 that had been stood 8 years in a garden and its slow going already sourcing miscellaneous bits but the bike is complete so i have patterns for parts ect.

Just something to think about

Thanks for the replies...I have never restored a bike before and I am beginning to think that this is beyond repair. I had no idea it was a TS...thanks for that! The engine may follow on shortly but this maybe one that just gets rollede to the corner of the shed. There are two holes on the left of the head stock where the tag is missing from, its nothing dodgy it was done when it was tastefully hand painted black by the previous owner!

On the bright side it was free and I now have a few spare parts??

Thanks for all the replies I would never have ID' this abomination alone.

Its a pile of old scrap mate. The cost of this to restore will be astronomical. In fact you won't be restoring you will be making a new bike. I would throw it back in the barn where you found it. Plus if you don't have any id for the bike. IE frame number or reg then you will have a mare trying to get it road legal. I wouldn't bother.