PROJECT TESS new bike

hi i am new to forum, well my fiance too. We have just brought a ts-185 but the engine was not bolted into the frame, i have the front bracket a x4 bolt style however the straight edge (and the rest are curved)

has anyone got a clue where the straight edge sits.

any help and advice would be great thanks

engines in, (at the front mounts) but still need the rear two mounting bolts, and few other bits, but does anyone know the year roughtly?? thanks also any parts for sale could somebody please pm me for first refusal?? thanks

ps sorry for photos taking so long, not too good with this new laptop lol :tumble:

1652469038_newtoy.thumb.JPG.12be423e35c5ec8d1d7f7b8b1cba3692.JPG

1975903908_tesstoday.jpg.a671fb387b9abaaa2cb030e8bf85ed20.jpg

to identify the year is there a metal plate riveted onto the headstock right on the front between the forks if not you will need the frame number and should be able to ring a company like robinsons foundry who are suzuki agent and they might be able to find year from frame number it will be early to mid 80's in my mind as it has drum rear brake and also twin rear shocks

there is no plate but still has the stamped numbers in the headstock

and engine numbers

frame is; TS185-125873

engine is; TS185-128345

I DID TAKE A LOOK ON LINE BUT (sorry lol) but i just don't understand the charts or what they mean. a nice bike though, is it worth restoring as to my understanding twin shock are dying out??

so worth restoring?? what was reliability like?? i like the old girl but not yet had her running properly but (i must be mad saying this) but i think i prefer to my

YZ'S EVO'S but not yet fully sure until i ride, also what was the ride like in the TS??

Mine was pretty reliable......but I didn't do huge mileages when I had it.......good for wheelies too......... :wink:

i won't be doing that to the old girl though lol :cheers:

due to the age of the bike it might well have a different year engine as they did get a hard life when they were a lot newer so untill you get the v5 for it you wont be sure if it is original engine or not

so how do i go about getting a V5C?? will it cost me anything?? all i have is a bill of sale but that's it, the guy never got round to getting a V5C, do i even bother with on as the bike had been converted to off road use only but i would rather restore than TRASH!! :cheers:

you need some kind of proof that you own the bike as you have no idea who is last registered keeper and also keep it on a sorn once you get the v5 and yep it will cost you £25 to get it,but even for field use if you cant prove you got the bike off last registered keeper then you stand a chance of having it seized by police as they cant prove who owns it

• 11 months later...

i now own this bike, what a state it was in when i got it, no love care and attention was given, footpegs held on with cable ties, kickstart welded on... utter shambles. only came across this post as i typed the engine number in to see which year it was

i now own this bike, what a state it was in when i got it, no love care and attention was given, footpegs held on with cable ties, kickstart welded on... utter shambles. only came across this post as i typed the engine number in to see which year it was

....did it come with a V5? :lol:

Good luck with the resto - if you're sticking around we'd love to see pictures of your progress :thumb: