Honda Nsr125 87-93 and 93-02 Jc20 and a jc22 project

Hey guys

sorry I haven't done a forum for sometime. my partner has been in and out of hospital Stressful times things started to chill out again, I purchased on ebay 1st November this year two Honda NSR's both missing too much, I have broken the jc20 alcasta bike up for parts to sell back on ebay. so I can fund the jc 22 foxeye model.

personally I love to restore bikes but I am thinking on a low budget I may just rebuild the engine, rat the bike or street fighter

Any opinions ?

Rebuild the engine it has a 150 cc crank in the bottom end from what I can see it needs big end and seals, top end is 65.0m polini big bore I may go back to standard to keep the funds down and restrictions of new laws. back to a 54.0mm barrel

having a 150cc crank and a 125cc barrel Would this cause any problems not too fussed about going fast its just a project toy to do up this winter.

barrel needs a replate no matter what any places any one can recommend..?

:angel12: Honda jc20 frame I did all my home work before buying but! 12 digit Vin number ??? is this common 1980's ? every vin checker on line is 17 digit I tried to decode it online not sure if I should put the numbers online but I am not aloud to ADMIN PLEASE LET ME KNOW ILL REMOVE THEM Hi-Jc20*205095*

by the time you rebuild or replace the crank/big end /conrod assembly and the barrel with new piston kit it would work out cheaper to buy a standard engine that is known to be good

nickel plated poxy bore £££ :( £125 for a replate £29-35 for Makita piston Genuine Gasket set £45

crank £205 local shop strip replace con rod rebalance etc

seals £35

it all adds up... engine online Varies from £300-350 and there are only a couple floating about.

Debating on breaking this one too and with the funds I make buy something else.

its not Economical to fix

needs Cdi Carb servo full pv bits the hard bits to find Head light, lock set rect/reg coil rear tyre plus rebuild etc...