PROJECT Kawasaki ER5 500cc Arrived home safely

Hi all,

some of you know I have a had a tough time with things lately with my misses in and out of hospital for various tests and problems, i changed jobs so i could be there for her, started sub contracting and doing bits Self emp. To be beside her all the way, and I decided to sell my beloved Yamaha Tzr125 collection, because things got so bad we could go away on a break away and relax and try not think of all the tests to come, she has had so many tests now i am so confused with what they all were for. (still no results what's wrong the blooming women faulty goods) but she said to me not to spent it on going on holiday but to buy something for my self, to put my self forward for something instead of looking after everyone else, so I finally found my self looking on FLEE BAY...

a local gem POPS UP Here is Details on the bike.

Kawasaki

Er5

CC 498cc :mrgreen:

T Reg 1999

0 owners !!! No owners on the V5 Logbook, only the Dealer ship that it originally came from. Local Js Gedge been in there a couple times for odd's and sods

miles 45 near 50k

ready for mot.... Keep reading

problems

i viewed it and drove a hard bargain got the bike for £250 :cheers:

running on one (1) Cylinder on the day i left it.

collected it today 15th Nov 2015 about 11.25am would fire up for about 5 seconds and then cut out :/

i think the carbs need balancing or icing problem. maybe there is crud in the plug holes seem to get spark from the cylinder so i can only believe if i have spark it must be fuel. Tomorrow i will have more inspection i am hoping this will be a easy fault, as i brought it from a motorcycle mechanic that stated its just the Carb's and stale fuel.

noticed when i pulled it out of the van there are two lights on the rev counter side on. think oil light and another one witch wasn't there before...

lets hope my gem isn't a lemon

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/A13A4456-99A9-409A-BA48-EEEDC5652C28_zpsfod9e3y1.jpg

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/DCF91FBF-B5D5-4F6D-BDBD-AE8901740770_zpso79es7e8.jpg

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/A3D688A1-5F9E-4811-9252-3A11DBCF892E_zpssqxfyv2s.jpg

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/57EE1695-5003-4B04-B6E9-E68C82E9046C_zpsein5cnkc.jpg

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/14D392FD-ECCC-4976-A741-B2AB12836AF7_zpsfhf4ij6j.jpg

Currently I am happy with her

I do actually really like the colour! Not sure about yellow wheels though....

I guess my question should have been when was it regularly running. A year ago isn't too bad so should be salvageable! As long as you know about carbs! :)

Some STP winter fuel treatment will help to clean it up inside and get rid of any water. My KLE500 (same engine) was running rough after a summer of not doing much. A small splash of the fuel treatment (a bottle does 60l) and it has been fine since.

Thank you, I will pop down to Jar Car parts tomorrow to get some :) waiting on carb cleaner to arrive.

so no update today

will a Vacuum 2 cylinder balancer help me ? £27 on ebay

Yep that will help. There are also YouTube vids on how to make your own.

But £27 seems reasonable.

if its been sat around a long time then a carb strip down and clean up of jets and some carb cleaner sprayed through all the fuel ways will help the most is it more likely to be gummed up carb thats the problem,im assuming you have removed the spark plugs and checked both have good spark?also with bike on centre stnad see if yo can undo float chamber drain screw in bottom of float bowl and see if both carbs drain of fuel

I am confused as to how it can have that many miles, but no official owners in the log book?

I am now also confused about this! I'm guessing (incorrectly probably!) maybe it was a demo bike that the garage just kept on as a run around / courtesy bike?

Looks like a great find, and in one of my favourite colours :D I am confused as to how it can have that many miles, but no official owners in the log book?

The dealer is the registered keeper. May have been used as a demo bike, or loan bike.

I am confused as to how it can have that many miles, but no official owners in the log book?

I am now also confused about this! I'm guessing (incorrectly probably!) maybe it was a demo bike that the garage just kept on as a run around / courtesy bike?

Damn. Just beat me :D

Looks like a great find, and in one of my favourite colours :D I am confused as to how it can have that many miles, but no official owners in the log book?

The dealer is the registered keeper. May have been used as a demo bike, or loan bike.

Yea I thought that too, but I've never heard of a garage keeping a demo/loan for that long. But I suppose there will be some out there that do :-)

Damn. Just beat me :D

haha! I'm quite happy you backed up my theory.

So... are the garage listed as the owner on the DVLA computer when they first take receipt of the bike, but as most places try and push through the bikes quickly the system is set up as not having to list them on the V5? Or they are on the V5 but listed as a kind of owner "0" in a way?

@Arwen they obviously fell in love with it and kept it on! .........or they couldn't shift the damn thing :lol:

Hello,

The previous owner said it was used as a learner bike.

He stated what had been repaired

New clocks

Bar ends

Leavers

Clutch

Cdi

Coil

Seat and cover

Tyres

Seals

Pads

Shoes

No recites to prove any of this, still waiting on goodies to arrive and hopefully tomorrow ill pick the bike apart to balance the carbs ;)

Yeah i am keeping it girly i have considered black wheels and kawk green body

today i ran carb cleaner though the bike let it when i put the screw driver up to the barrel it sounds like its doing what it should be but its going a pinging noise when idling little bit of white smoke on idling after warmed up?

Pinging noise is this normal uploading a video on youtube,

I have not attempted to take the air box yet as everything has been rounded or bodged grrh