Carbon Fibre Radiator end caps

I've been threatening to do this for some time.......but Mandy got me a couple of kits for Christmas , so I've no excuse now..... :wink:

Stage one is making the moulds.......which I think have come out ok........just need a bit of trimming and polishing ready for laying the carbon in...... 8-)

More pics to come, once I get the moulds how I want them.....and then have a bash at the carbon fibre laminating...... 8-)

IMG_20160125_190106.thumb.jpg.726cd6df7a516c948ded73a84cf91587.jpg

IMG_20160125_190147.thumb.jpg.2dd99168e95f3ba0096efd2a1f9c8406.jpg

I tell you what, Stu.....they're as rare as rocking horse sh*t for these older bikes.....and when they do come up they sell for crazy money.......so, you could be onto something there..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

So, after a bit of a delay I finally managed to trial run the Carbon Fibre......a few air voids and other little issues, but I think I'm heading in the right direction....... 8-)

14568490625251649590319.thumb.jpg.29e3baf96e740279121ecf9105497ca1.jpg

So, after a bit of a delay I finally managed to trial run the Carbon Fibre......a few air voids and other little issues, but I think I'm heading in the right direction....... 8-)

bob they are not air voids.......................theya are custom made one offs making them worth fortunes as they are the only ones like it :mrgreen:

bob they are not air voids.......................theya are custom made one offs making them worth fortunes as they are the only ones like it :mrgreen:

I like your thinking there Steve......Unfortunately my OCD will not allow for imperfections. .... :wink: :lol: :lol: