Next project -- Ar125 on road build---

decided not too worry about what it looks like and just get it through the MOT and then make it look pretty

i will be doing MOT CHECKS TODAY and maybe a little ride on my private road :) then check see if its running lean or rich :)

somewhere around 6k revs on most 2 strokes I've ridden :D

i haven't rode a two stroke in 5-6 years lol need to set it up bit better seems to be running nicely and idling but i had to fit a crap K&N filter to it seems very boggy in the low revs coming up to 20-24mph then 25-30 seems to come alive i am too used to riding the 500cc big daddy Er5 the Ar 125 felt lighter then my push bike lol !!

it may take some getting used to. i have just done a MOT check it might fail it might not. bike Sure qouted £209 now its £204. 43 MOT £20 .... might be up and on the road next week and the body might be Cleaned up after i have got used to riding it :)

Correct me if i am wrong

If its running rich its sucking too much fuel if and it would be tickinh kver on its own whenstarting

If its lean it won't idle you have to hold the revs but once warm it stays idling. So its suckinb to much air is the there a petcock on a ar125? I have fitted that nasty ugly pod filter if i fit a sock over the pod it will reduce the air flow i will try this test ride the bike if its the same problem i may buy from fowlers the correct in let and fit this and try again

If doing the trick with sock does not work ill change the jett to a 105 see if this helps and test ride it again.

Any other suggestions as the plug is oilly and fuel on it. Because its a new plug its not showing what i need to see on it ? Help

This is really confusing!!!

with a pod filter it will be allowing more air in so would often be running lean it would often still tick over fine and would only show on higher revs running to lean it will eventually burn a hole in the piston so to even begin to get it right you need to get the oil pump sorted out of at the very least make sure you get the correct petrol/oil mix

just and update from 4.30 up to now i have been trying to get the bike to run.

spark but very weak new plug and still not running

fuel came out like tea color so i need to

so that needs draining

cleaned the carburetor fitted 105 jet manged to loose the 100 jet :( even though i tried to keep it safe grhh

(blaming the misses kept coming out nattering ever 5-10 mins about something) forgot where i put it...

right so not starting now weak spark why didn't this do this before i spent out insurance FFS i paid in full too!! F*** SAKE!

Fitted new plug wasnt drawing fuel up ? Skirt of easy start fired up and ran on the fuel that was in it, i am still premixing i will get some more two stroke this weekend, then ill set it up for the pump etc ill charge the new battery tomorrow if i can find a fuse. Got to re wrap the loom!

Then new fuel and two stroke

Pump bleed

Battery to be fitted

Then see if it will run on its own power :)

ALMOST AT THE POINT OF GIVING UP COMPLETELY! RIGHT SO IT HAS A BRIGHT SPARK ... ITS GOT FUEL ITS GOT ALL FRESH FLUIDS! NOT STARTING! THEN I DECIDE TO TRY START IT OFF EASY START ..... STILL DIDN'T START (SPRAYED ON THE PLUG INDIGRUM) ..... ITS CLOSE TO BE PUT BACK IN THE SHED IT CAME FROM AND MAKE IT SIT FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS HELP guys

checked for air leaks nothing noticeble while its not running/or starting

carb cleaned out 100 jet back in the carb! i am DOOMED!

so far what it has had new

Fork seals

oil for forks

gear box oil

two stroke oil - in container

coolant

plug 2x

electrical taped all the loom

new indicators

new battery

new fuse

list goes on even a new tail for christ sake !!! someone help me outtt!!! this is turning in to a money pit!!!! i am being pushed into getting on the road so i need the transport to get my self a better job! ( not self empl shit any more not reliable enough)

last attempt i am going to buy a compression tester! test the comp.... :( if thats the case bore and head of inspect and new top end :(

ALMOST AT THE POINT OF GIVING UP COMPLETELY! RIGHT SO IT HAS A BRIGHT SPARK ... ITS GOT FUEL ITS GOT ALL FRESH FLUIDS! NOT STARTING! THEN I DECIDE TO TRY START IT OFF EASY START ..... STILL DIDN'T START (SPRAYED ON THE PLUG INDIGRUM) ..... ITS CLOSE TO BE PUT BACK IN THE SHED IT CAME FROM AND MAKE IT SIT FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS HELP guys

checked for air leaks nothing noticeble while its not running/or starting

carb cleaned out 100 jet back in the carb! i am DOOMED!

so far what it has had new

Fork seals

oil for forks

gear box oil

two stroke oil - in container

coolant

plug 2x

electrical taped all the loom

new indicators

new battery

new fuse

list goes on even a new tail for christ sake !!! someone help me outtt!!! this is turning in to a money pit!!!! i am being pushed into getting on the road so i need the transport to get my self a better job! ( not self empl shit any more not reliable enough)

last attempt i am going to buy a compression tester! test the comp.... :( if thats the case bore and head of inspect and new top end :(

Check the crank case for fuel, put you thumb over the plug hole, if you cant hold it spinning over its got compression

Spooky , I was just going to say that :D

Check the crank case for fuel, put you thumb over the plug hole, if you cant hold it spinning over its got compression

It sucks then pushes my thumb of almost it has comp i have ordered a test and top end gasket may still change the rings etc

It sucks then pushes my thumb of almost it has comp i have ordered a test and top end gasket may still change the rings etc

so you have compression

take off the carb and look in the bottom of the crank casing for fuel

so you have compression

take off the carb and look in the bottom of the crank casing for fuel

Ok i will look after dinner

New update!!

The bike is being placed back in storage and be pulled back out this winter.... Will be working away :( sad times so project ar back on the road is on hold :/

Hopefully will have more funds as well finish the build.

If i get time to

Order the engine bearings and crank seals before megawatts goes on tour i will try fit that in too.

At the moment work is a little more imported yet again everyones wages go up but mine stays the same long hours less pay.... I will be back on the road with a r125 next month :/

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/yamaha%20r125%20build/6E3BA184-F6E6-4DD4-B662-CB03F3B0D595_zpsfcf8kc1i.png

Will be pulling this work horse out bling bling broom broom the winter horse is back out until couple things find a better paid job and we have more money lol personal builds i seem to over spent and forget about the budget lol my mistake

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Classickid, probably problem with the old log book, heres the info if you have'nt already got it :)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/471730/V62_030815.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P.S. Love the Ar 125, your doing a lovely job there

Thanks spanner, it should be ready for next may day Hastings run, depending on funds it will be sooner, ill check out the link thanks again :)