The cost of a spruce up?

Part of me is very tempted to treat the XJ to a Kenny Roberts-style makeover. Paint job on the plastics, clean up and spray of the engine, powder coating the shaft/swing arm/wheels/frame.

Anyone had this done? What kind of money do you reckon I'm looking at if I dropped the whole bike with someone to do it? I'm not even certain I'd know where to look to find a place to do this.

Cheers for any help :)

far more than the bike is worth

if you are going to give them the bike to strip from full bike to nothing to do the frame and swinging arm then you are more than likely looking at at least 2 days labour at a minimum of £40 an hour i would of thought then the cost of blasting and coating frame and swinging arm is another £100 roughly then a quality paint job and graphics on tank panels tail piece and fairing if it has one could be another £600 by time its finished

far more than the bike is worth

That's pretty much a given :D The new exhaust and an incoming monoshock will do that on their own.

Thing is it's only got 30K on it and I love the bike (it's my third XJ9S and I had an XJ9F before them).

Dunno about the painting side but I just had my wheels blasted and powder coated. It cost £120 for the pair.

If you're going that route with the frame and such you need it completely stripped so it's s great time to change out the bearings and such.

With the wheels and suspension upgrades I've just done I've spent more than I did on the bike in the first place. Still got loads to do too!

I would budget the best part of £1000 maybe more to strip a bike clean it all up powder coat and all new bearings where needed

The price of painting alone will probably set you back a good £600

That would be me doing all the work too and not sending it in to a shop