Kawasaki Z550 Bobber

Hello guys and girls

Just wanted to show you all my 1987 Kawasaki Z550 Bobber, shes is pretty much complete bar throttle and clutch cable adjustments. The bike in the background is my mates Suzuki Katatna rat project A.K.A the Ratana.

Also i have a question, i really want to install one of those power points on it so i can have a sat nav, but not sure if i'll need to upgrade the battery.....anyone out there installed one before and could point me in the right direction??

227137453_TheZ.jpg.f339a4036d0957a336a5699e874cf5db.jpg

sat nav uses very little power.. mine is wired directly to the battery and has no appreciable effect on it that I can see... I even left it switched on overnight accidentally once and the bike started on the button.

This guy does made to order as well as off the shelf power points and wiring.. if you message him he will make one exactly as you require.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/towzatronics?_trksid=p2047675.l2559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sat nav uses very little power.. mine is wired directly to the battery and has no appreciable effect on it that I can see... I even left it switched on overnight accidentally once and the bike started on the button.

This guy does made to order as well as off the shelf power points and wiring.. if you message him he will make one exactly as you require.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/towzatronics?_trksid=p2047675.l2559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you my friend, i have email the man!

Oooh top stuff :thumb:

Is the ride bone rattling hard with no rear suspension??

Haha to be honest i don't know. Still waiting on new clutch and throttle cables so it can go for it's MOT but yeah I'm thinking its not going to be like riding on a cloud lol.

This is a video of it firing up for the first time in 5+ years, Please excuse the the reprobate on the bike that is my friend Kriss, he has helped me so much getting the bike ready.

">
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Oooh top stuff :thumb:

Is the ride bone rattling hard with no rear suspension??

Actually its not too bad if you have a good sprung seat. I have a rigid rear and then girders on the front of 2 of my bikes. On average roads its ok but you do need to watch out for large pot holes and I do tend to swerve round manhole covers a lot more on these bikes.

Nice job mate.......where did you get the frame from?

Not sure where the frame was from, i bought the bike with engine and frame together from a friend, i think it was originally done by a custom shop, i have then put my own style to it.