Kawa GT750 advice needed

Hi members,

I've been away from bikes for a good few years myself after flogging my Triumph, however my 81 year old father in law (he now has alzheimers so lost his licence) has a bike to sell and I'm wondering what a good price should be for it considering its age and condition. Is it something still desired, or should it be broken, or for a custom project?

Its not been on the road for a good 12 years. Garaged and covered. Looks in pretty good nick, tyres, engine and body work. He's always looked after it. Needs a new battery (original was taken out and has subsequently discharged) to display anything on the instrument screen.

It's a B reg Kawa GT750, blue and silver. All paperwork and key.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Brian

Hello and welcome, there doesn't seem to be a lot for sale, a rough websearch seems to put them between 1500 - 3000.... depends how much you are happy to see it go for I suppose.

Shame I am poor as I have a massive soft spot for them as probably one of the first bikes I ever sat on :mrgreen:

Price seems to vary quite a lot and will be linked to condition. As said will need new tyres and from memory the brakes needed constant attention and would seize if left too long, ie over winter. the exhaust collector box was also prone to rot.

Was my first bike bike an loved it comfy and reasonably quick.

I reckon if you advertised it as "Ideal cafe racer project" you would do alright given the number of bikes from the 70s and 80s that are being devoured by this current craze.

Hello and welcome, there doesn't seem to be a lot for sale, a rough websearch seems to put them between 1500 - 3000.... depends how much you are happy to see it go for I suppose.

Shame I am poor as I have a massive soft spot for them as probably one of the first bikes I ever sat on :mrgreen:

I'm stunned at the prices being asked on eBay.

Reliable but ditchwater dull lardy courier hack, I'd have said £500-850. I'd be amazed if someone actually paid those prices given what else could be purchased for a couple of grand. I really feel I don't understand the world much anymore.

I reckon if you advertised it as "Ideal cafe racer project" you would do alright given the number of bikes from the 70s and 80s that are being devoured by this current craze.

they have great potential..

This is the GT550 converter to be a Cafe Racer

http://thebikeshed.cc/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Auto-Fabrica-Type-One-Rside-2.jpg

I'm stunned at the prices being asked on eBay.

Reliable but ditchwater dull lardy courier hack, I'd have said £500-850. I'd be amazed if someone actually paid those prices given what else could be purchased for a couple of grand. I really feel I don't understand the world much anymore.

I do have to agree with you, in full running condition I would consider a grand tops. However, it's what others imagine it to be and what they're prepared to pay when it comes to the crunch, just look at what people pay for that old rust trap called the Honda Cub.