Right, that's it - enough is enough

Insanity has broken out in the HG1 postal district, and I've decided to 'street fighter' the Honda ST1300. I don't care if it looks shit, but I've had it up to here with fiddly fairings, stubborn bolts and stripped threads. And the plastic is all faded anyway.

Anyone got any advice (other than "don't") they can't offer? Are there any bits that will now be exposed that need to be covered up or moved? The wiring looms look as though they can be re-routed easily enough, but there may be other stuff to consider. The cockpit, headlight and indicators are all going, but I've not decided what to do with the rear yet. I could go mad and buy shiny stuff from one of those custom bike places, but given how little I paid for the bike in the first place I think bits from the local breakers yard will be adequate. Again, and advice here much appreciated.

This could end up being the ugliest bike ever...

IMG_1203.thumb.JPG.0dcabb2b4cbee6bcd64a802cebb17894.JPG

Nice!

I'm ditching the fairings as part of the ZXR750 rebirth. I've spent a whole day on the wiring loom which was not much fun at all - 22 year old goo from ancient insulation tape...

Anyway, the tricky bit is tidying up the previously unseen wiring and structural stuff - bits that hold the clocks in etc. If you're happy to dust off the grinder and squirt a bit of stone chip about then it's not that bad.

I think being bold works well - trying to leave bits in place "just in case" I wanted to revert made it look a bit Frankenbike.

Like this??

b8f66c90551e877136f2875f28419093.jpg

I really like that!

I can sort of see myself doing something like this when I've gained more mechanical skills, money and a bigger garage! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your outcome Mark.

Like this??

b8f66c90551e877136f2875f28419093.jpg

I really like that!

I can sort of see myself doing something like this when I've gained more mechanical skills, money and a bigger garage! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your outcome Mark.

Err.. might be setting the bar a bit high there...

It's worth next to nowt as it is, so I've got nothing to lose. But I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, so it might be a long term project. :lol: