First post - is a question! :-)

Hi, I'm new to this forum so apologies my first post is a question. I have searched, but no joy 😢

Anyway, after years if riding and maintaining bikes I have ventured into the world of modifying old Japanese bikes with a 1985 Honda XBR500.

I am looking to replace the "boomerang" style Comstar wheels with spoked ones, original and GB500 ones are very rare, so does anyone out there know what other spoked wheels might fit with minimum modifications?

I was thinking maybe RS250 or similar?

Thanks in advance, I'll try and post some pictures of my progress if anyone's interested 👍

Welcome to TMBF mate. .....pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys when you can. ..... 8-)

You'd need to measure the wheel hub widths, spindle diameter, spindle length, disk offset from the hub and rear sprocket offset to see the differences.......anything is possible, but you may need to do some machining to get the RS wheels to fit....... 8-)

Thanks for the reply Tango.

Yeah, I know the basics of part swapping, I was hoping for some 1st hand experience 😀

I've got my eyes on a nice pair of wheels, but they're getting on for £200 and I'd like to know whether they're a waste of money or not 👍

Oh well, I've pulled the trigger on a pair of wheels from a CB250RS off eBay.

We'll see if they fit when they arrive, I'm sure I can make up some spacers and adapt them somehow :P

They look quite good, apart from rusty spokes - anyone out there recommend a good spoked wheel re-builder that's not too expensive?

Muz