NTV 650 hawk project

I've been offered an NTV 650 Hawk to do up . This is the chain drive version of the Bros I believe. I haven't even seen it yet . I wonder if anyone has any thoughts about this particular motorcycle. Any faults to look out for ? I'm thinking that selling prices could be driven by the bike's desirability as a subject for café racer projects. There are loads of pics online of customized NTVs that appear to have had a lot of money spent. All views most welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

They are good bikes, very reliable and quite simple too so you won't be overwhelmed.

As with any project, doing it to make money is tough unless you get it below market price and can do it up to a high market price value without blowing potential profit on parts.

I prefer to build a bike I like, and is tailored to my tastes. That way I get some value out of owning it, and when it comes to sell you just try to tweak it so it appeals to as big a market as possible.

They are good bikes, very reliable and quite simple too so you won't be overwhelmed.

As with any project, doing it to make money is tough unless you get it below market price and can do it up to a high market price value without blowing potential profit on parts.

I prefer to build a bike I like, and is tailored to my tastes. That way I get some value out of owning it, and when it comes to sell you just try to tweak it so it appeals to as big a market as possible.

overwhelmed ? No chance of that . I just wondered if there were any known recurring faults specific to this particular motorcycle. Thanks anyway. I wasn't thinking of paying for it anyway, I am hoping to swap it for an exhaust system off an er5. I only do up bikes for profit if there is a massive margin to be made . I've bought CG 125's for as little as £20 and sold them for £500. My best score was a Zephyr bought for £40 and sold for £800.here you go sorry about the image quality,it's a photo of a photo http://i.imgur.com/5JBSrpJ.jpg My next project could be an Aprilia RS125 that I have spotted in a garden overgrown with brambles. I'll begin by offering £20 for it .

Overwhelmed in the "jobs to do" sense as the bikes don't have much to em, so it's a safer bet.

But if you've got a lot of time to sink into it anyway then it sounds a goer :thumb:

I'm all for the RS125 project... I've rebuilt a few of them and occasionally I look at the ones locally to see if I can have a cheap project. If you ever see a Cagiva Mito going cheap you drop me a PM as I've always wanted one to compare with my previous RS125's.

Overwhelmed in the "jobs to do" sense as the bikes don't have much to em, so it's a safer bet.

But if you've got a lot of time to sink into it anyway then it sounds a goer :thumb:

I'm all for the RS125 project... I've rebuilt a few of them and occasionally I look at the ones locally to see if I can have a cheap project. If you ever see a Cagiva Mito going cheap you drop me a PM as I've always wanted one to compare with my previous RS125's.

cheers for the reply , if I get this RS for the right money ( or ideally no money ) I'll probably need some advice . I've already priced up a top end rebuild kit and found some to be surprisingly cheap but I guess you get what you pay for. My main worry is that may have been abandoned by a student who has left the area so I've no idea how you even begin to obtain legal ownership or trace the keeper. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Watch this space.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been offered an NTV 650 Hawk to do up . This is the chain drive version of the Bros I believe. I haven't even seen it yet . I wonder if anyone has any thoughts about this particular motorcycle. Any faults to look out for ? I'm thinking that selling prices could be driven by the bike's desirability as a subject for café racer projects. There are loads of pics online of customized NTVs that appear to have had a lot of money spent. All views most welcome.

Hi [mention]fastbob[/mention] don't know if you still doing the NTV 650 Hawk, but came across this snip it in old Bike mag I was posting, thought you might be interested. :D

Not a bad turn of speed for old V - Twin.

1438254707_IMG(2).thumb.jpg.180d0efa1f38fa171e6eb18a1de88b60.jpg

Hope you can read it.

Nothing to report yet , the guy who offered me the Hawk hasn't been seen for a while . As for the Aprillia I'm going to choose my moment to ask carefully. Just when the owner is counting the cost of Christmas is a good time , that's how I got the Zephyr so cheap I reckon.

• 1 month later...