Project for ex biker who suffers from long term mental health issues.

Guest claritybev

Hello my name is Bev and I’m a mental health support worker who works with a guy who is an ex biker. Sadly this man will never be able to ride a motorcycle again due to the severity of his mental health which includes intrusive thoughts; delusions and paranoia. As his key worker I’ve spent a long time trying to encourage him to find a hobby which would help distract him from his thoughts and delusions but until now nothing has interested him until the other day and hallelujah I’ve found out that he is an ex biker who longs to tinker with an old bike! So basically I’m just wondering if anyone has an old scrapper ( maybe a few tools as well) that they could kindly donate that looks in good condition that would be a great tinkering project for him! This would mean such a lot to him and it would be a great step in helping this ex biker find some happiness again.

Thank you guys and girls

If anyone can help please call me on *number removed please use the PM facility*

Bev

Bev , I haven't got a bike to offer but it sounds like a great idea. I'm sure I speak for many of us on this site when I say that tinkering with bikes has a beneficial effect on anyone's mental health . Good luck , let us know how this turns out .

I think that's a Great Idea,

Biking has helped my Bipolar Enormously, episodes dont last as long as they used to and they are not as frequent.

Ive spent more hours getting my damn bike to perform properly (in the begining) and even more getting it to run at the highest (and safest for the engine) performance

Bev unfortunately can't help with a bike but happy to sort out a bundle of tools, a location would be nice though as would need to be collected as I can't get out of house at present.