er500 front sprocket help...

sprocket.thumb.jpg.a35acfcce60af63e62cb9d7645ed23ce.jpg

so this is a 16 and i want bigger...probebly 17 will go in without any other adjustment...

looked on ebay and all the er500 gpz and ex are differant....they have 2 holes for a retainer to be fitted...

any ideas....this might also help with ageing my engine...

its not in a standard er frame its a custom built bike....

cheers all

sprocket.jpg

so this is a 16 and i want bigger...probebly 17 will go in without any other adjustment...

looked on ebay and all the er500 gpz and ex are differant....they have 2 holes for a retainer to be fitted...

any ideas....this might also help with ageing my engine...

its not in a standard er frame its a custom built bike....

cheers all

Evening, I had a look in the JT catalogue and It shows that ALL ER5s have the same front sprocket JTF512.17 . As you can see 17 is the biggest size this sprocket comes in .http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/sprocket/JTF512/

1216272614_wp_ss_20180805_0001(2).thumb.png.8a964febd525160dcc2c30e670ca44e1.png

wp_ss_20180805_0002.thumb.png.ca2b89d91de96dc6d57f86042ef8338a.png

The reason that the sprocket has threaded holes is so that it can be fitted to other bikes . What you have there, by the way , is the rubber cushioned version as described in the links I posted for you . PS although I do enjoy offering my advice , some acknowledgement would be appreciated.

Edited by fastbob

thanks for your time fastbob..i dont get on here very often.

No worries, I work for the government so I've got loads of spare time with nothing to do . 😉 I reckon I'll get a rubber cusioned one myself next time around. I didn't know JT did them until now . http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/sprocket/JTF512RB/

Well I was bored and ive counted the teeth on the op first post and each time I make it 17 teeth already. :scratch:

And so it is ! I never thought to count . What's also a bit puzzling is that the OP wants the bike to trundle along at around 50 mph which for a bike capable of 110 mph is a bit unusual. It's a chopper by the way .

i counted them on the bike but now ive counted on the pic and yes 17 it is...

the rear sprocket was custom made to fit a wheel with a drum brake and imo he made it too big...

pulls off better in second.....i know the engine was made to rev high but with my pipes it sounds too high at 50ish mph.

was just trying to reduce the revs a bit at 50....

ill probebly never go much faster as i just use it to potter around the b roads around the north notts area...and theres plenty of them up here.

i do need to sort a speedo out tho.....its drum brake front and back so dont think i could fit an aftermarket digi speedo..

no place to fit the magnets...so might look at a gps speedo