Unknown frame

I got a frame a couple of weeks ago but I'm not too sure as to who manufactured it, I was thinking possibly Matchless/AJS because there’s a tank bracket/fitting which is pretty typical of them but I’m not certain. It's a bolt on hardtail section and the front frame doesn’t split into two. From what I can decipher the numbers on the downtube, which would be directly under the saddle, read 23 then directly below that is 82/18462. The frame is fairly small, probably capable of fitting a 250 or so engine in. I've tried to look for models with similar frames but I haven't found any that have the engine/front frame sitting lower than the bottom hardtail mount. I know it’s not much to go on but any help or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Sorry there’s no pictures, I’m not too sure how to upload them yet. Cheers!

Sam

Are you certain that this is actually whole frame as produced by a bike manufacturer or could this be a hybrid left over from the 60s and 70s craze for trying to turn anything into a chopper ? In other words does the hardtail actually belong to the original frame ? The single front down tube is not unusual but the way it remains as a single tube under the engine is . What are you planning to do with it ?

Are you certain that this is actually whole frame as produced by a bike manufacturer or could this be a hybrid left over from the 60s and 70s craze for trying to turn anything into a chopper ? In other words does the hardtail actually belong to the original frame ? The single front down tube is not unusual but the way it remains as a single tube under the engine is . What are you planning to do with it ?

I’m not too sure if the hardtail actually belongs to the frame to be honest, I got it from someone who didn’t know anything about it, the hardtail definitely seems to be the same age as the rest of the frame though.

I’ve not got much planned for it as of yet. Cheers!