Lexmoto, xtrs revival

I asked for advice on the newbie section and all it seems to have caused is a debate about, Different countries and ppl from them places....

Do any of these questions get proper decent helpful replies??? Any way eres a update on my lexmoto, xtrs.

I've now completed all other jobs: new drive chain, rear tyre, and also emptied and cleaned the fuel tank, so unless I get any worthy tips/replies on what to check and do next, I'll just go off my novice ideas, But would like to hear any helpful replies, to proceed with the job in hand...T,I,A.....

I asked for advice on the newbie section and all it seems to have caused is a debate about, Different countries and ppl from them places....

Do any of these questions get proper decent helpful replies??? Any way eres a update on my lexmoto, xtrs.

I've now completed all other jobs: new drive chain, rear tyre, and also emptied and cleaned the fuel tank, so unless I get any worthy tips/replies on what to check and do next, I'll just go off my novice ideas, But would like to hear any helpful replies, to proceed with the job in hand...T,I,A.....

What is it you actually want to know ?

I rebuilt a very tired 2013 KSR code 125 and it was quite a lot of work.

I would strip down, clean and rebuild the brakes, with new seals and fluid as a priority. It's easy work, provided you can get the seals. It's not too expensive and will improve the overall feel of the bike.

Also check all the bearings for smoothness and play. The ones used in the bike standard are likely to be sub standard and may well be on their way out.

Notchy steering, swingarms and wheel bearings all make a bike feel sketchy.

Chinese bikes are also notorious for rust. If you can, strip, clean (kurrust and wire brush) the frame/swing-arm and hammerite black it. You can use the straight to rust stuff after you have cleaned it up to help ensure it sticks and stays.

I found the exhaust and heat shields were made of metal so thin they were mostly useless. Still, I cleaned, stripped and painted it with high temperature paint to make it look a little neater.

Finally just hope they engine does not let go. Mine dropped both its standard valves on me on separate occasions, and even a replaced valve a short while after.

They do not seem to like being rebuilt. I have rebuilt jap based engines much older and had no issues, but not this k157i fmi.