battery eliminator

Guest ftw

when do you need a battery. do you need one? the answer is simple yes. so when can I run with out one? anther simple answer. you get rid of the batterey by installing a battery eliminator.

what bikes run without a battery. duh, if you have a kickstart obviously. if your bike has an alternator you can not run without a battery. everything else is fair game. thats an awful lot of bikes. thats anything with points and a spinning magnet or any bike with cdi and a seperate lighting circuit and a kicker. thats bikes before 1980 and many after.

what does a battery do. it stores electrons. the units of stored electrons are Ah. what does a battery eliminator do? it stores electrons. its just that the battery eliminator does not store very many electrons. unlike the battery the eliminaor only holds the charge from 1.5 rotations from the stator. the units are uf or mfd. micro farad. what does a battery do in a bike. why can't I run without it flashing.

pulsating dc with an ac componant will blow bulbs and fry the regulator. eliminator fixes all of that. it's function is to store electrons and to be a path to ground shorting out any AC current.

so what is a battery eliminator. its an electrical part called a capacitor. when you order a capacitor you need to solder red and black wires to it. thats it. once the leads are soldered its ready. capacitors come in many sizes and voltages. bigger is better. the terminals of a capacitor have the polarity marked on the part. wires just like a battery. there is a real cheapo size because it is an audio part. the specs are fine. ride with it in most of my bikes. works fine in my cb360 after I changed to led's. that bike barely has enough juice to run batteryless but it can with a rewire. like a battery you order this part by its size. 63v22,000uf is the size to order. costs under 3$. 63v means that its rated up to 63v. bikes run 14.3v so 63v is fine. 22,000uf or 22,000 mfd has to do with how many electrons the part stores. the one in my honda says 63v22,000uf. it is a path to ground for ac in the dc charging system. with the stored elecrtrons it fills in the gaps stopping the lights from flashing.

battery eliminators, or capacitors are different than batteries in weight and charge. light as hell capacitors weigh less than my dick. they are also happy being completely discharged and they don't go bad like batteries in the winter. won't work without a modern rec/reg. that's another post.

Although your knowledge sounds great I don’t really see the point in removing the battery? Also sounds like a fair bit of work for what is essentially very little gain?

That fact that it weighs less then a dick, this is a big selling point for me.

How many dicks make up a traditional Lead acid battery? Suppose we can use μDicks for the Yammy riders out their.

Although your knowledge sounds great I don’t really see the point in removing the battery? Also sounds like a fair bit of work for what is essentially very little gain?

this is the old bike restoration and projects section. I do my restorations this way. once its done I never have to trickle charge in the winter. kick and go is great. I'm not telling anyone not to run a battery If they don't want to rewire, but you should know about this part. I know it has a bad rap because people don't wire them in correctly. any restoration I do gets a new home made harness, new rec and reg and led's. I don't fool around with 6v, that gets converted to 12v. these stator conversions are stupid simple to do. we'll get to it as I post.

Yamaha battery weighs as much as a bag of dicks.

not as good as legs though 8-)

Eliminator was the album it was on :hammer:

I preferred sharp dressed man or maybe gimme all your loving.

Jesus just left Chicago----Beer drinkers and hell raisers...

I got into them when someone bought me 'Tres Hombres' for a Christmas gift in 19 something and frozen to death. 8-)

Who exactly do you imagine you are delivering this lecture to ? I'm sure you mean well but I'm not sure I like your presentation style if I'm honest . Perhaps I could remind you that some of us have twiddled the occasional spanner before now .

Who exactly do you imagine you are delivering this lecture to ? I'm sure you mean well but I'm not sure I like your presentation style if I'm honest . Perhaps I could remind you that some of us have twiddled the occasional spanner before now .

Hey man you don't know, you weren't there :D

• 3 weeks later...

you don't like my presentation style. tool. what does this post have to do with wrenching. took calculus baised physics and studied elecronics in school. why don't you man up and show me what the wrong information is. its obvious I'm not lecturing to you. cant teach you anything.

there are a lot of cool people on this site, some are not. I've outed xmachina as a troll. even a 15 year old with a moped has a build thread. anyone who is a mechanic has a build thread.

bob put up or shut up. this is a cheap audio part possible today because of improvements in todays electronics and will run like a battery if wired correctly to any bike with a magnito. love to hear your logic what twiddling has to do with anything.

you don't like my presentation style. tool. what does this post have to do with wrenching. took calculus baised physics and studied elecronics in school. why don't you man up and show me what the wrong information is. its obvious I'm not lecturing to you. cant teach you anything.

there are a lot of cool people on this site, some are not. I've outed xmachina as a troll. even a 15 year old with a moped has a build thread. anyone who is a mechanic has a build thread.

bob put up or shut up. this is a cheap audio part possible today because of improvements in todays electronics and will run like a battery if wired correctly to any bike with a magnito. love to hear your logic what twiddling has to do with anything.

Sir , all I was doing was offering you a little advice on how best to conduct yourself in a less abrasive manner . Go back to your very first post where you proclaim that you piss people off . Have you ever stopped to wonder why ? This is a wonderful forum where lots of people with widely differing levels of knowledge and experience come together to help each other out . But you have come storming into the forum with size ten boots shouting ( Bold type ) and ranting about your astonishing abilities but all you have to support your claims are a couple of nasty rat bikes with no batteries . And that's it ! Then you proceed to go to war with anyone who disagrees with you or dares to try to have a laugh with you . So , once again , it's not the content of your posts that offends . It's the relentlessly bombastic manner in which you present yourself . And please do not label other members as trolls because they happen not to build bikes . Look at the " Show us yours " section and what do you see ? Mostly shiny new bikes . I have only built one bike myself recently and that was purely for my own amusement. Has it not occurred to you that most people just buy a bike and RIDE it ? You do not have to grub around fixing up old bikes to prove your credibility as a biker . So please lose the confrontational " Holier than thou " attitude and try to get along with everybody . And please get yourself a sense of humour ! Failing that go for a really long ride on your bike and CHILL OUT . Oh yeah, twiddling is just a light hearted term that I included to describe doing some mechanical work . How about " Turned the occasional wrench " or in the case of a pianist " Tickled the ivories " In England we sometimes try to illustrate or highlight something by using a softer approach that appears to play something down . So instead of forcefully ranting on about " I've done this , I'm a qualified this or I know that " we might just modestly say " I've twiddled the odd spanner in my time old boy" . I sincerely hope that this helps you to understand what's going on here . Good evening.

Edited by fastbob

And has it not occurred to you that nearly every other reply to your post actually takes the piss out of you ? If you're good at fixing things , fix your humour bypass . Toodle-oo.

And has it not occurred to you that nearly every other reply to your post actually takes the piss out of you ? If you're good at fixing things , fix your humour bypass . Toodle-oo.

so there is nothing wrong factually with my post. you let me down, thought you would man up. all my posts art written for other mechanics. nothing wrong with riding but I like to know how things work others do too. do you think I care if every other post is nonsense. I think they can toss off. If only one person reads this and follows instructions its worth it. If you sell battery eliminators on a website then this kind of post will get you banned eventually. nobody here is selling this part. thats why I picked this site.

so there is nothing wrong factually with my post. you let me down, thought you would man up. all my posts art written for other mechanics. nothing wrong with riding but I like to know how things work others do too. do you think I care if every other post is nonsense. I think they can toss off. If only one person reads this and follows instructions its worth it. If you sell battery eliminators on a website then this kind of post will get you banned eventually. nobody here is selling this part. thats why I picked this site.

Unfortunately as you come across as a complete dick that information will be completely lost in the mire, although i am beginning to think that this is the effect your after :thumb:

Have you ever seen people with the corners of their mouths turned up and making a " Hahaha " sound and wondered what they were doing ? Once again you completely missed the point . Its not the factual content of your posts , it's the style in which you present yourself.

Unfortunately as you come across as a complete dick that information will be completely lost in the mire, although i am beginning to think that this is the effect your after :thumb:

Biscuit time !

PhotoEditor_20190827_200209166.thumb.jpg.fa4bb5a6fd8abd3966d6ee7c1d612664.jpg

I might as well finish. many bikes have the ignition on one circuit and the lights on another. testing is easy. start your bike. when its running good shut it off and disconnect the battery on the + terminal. try to start your bike. if it starts shut it off right away so you don't blow the lights with ac. bikes that start without a battery can run this part with no mods. there are so many bikes and scoots wired this way.

but you said any bike with a magnito can run this way. others like the honda twins need a rewire with the cn/ch 250 rec reg then you can use the battery eliminator. look at a pic of this part. its impossible to screw up. the advantage to rewiring is you can now run a tiny gel battery, led's or a battery eliminator.

bob im sorry this is above your pay grade. i'm sure you will chime in with your nonsense.

Well there's not much to add really. The subject of battery eliminators seems to have been covered in sufficient depth to satisfy anyone's curiosity . Should anyone require further reading on the subject they can use the links* to the other forums that our enthusiastic friend has posted on in the past . Or you can just visit the Two Stroke World Forum and the Honda Twins forum and look for Bracket Maker . Lots of interesting discussion to found there. "*http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=403.0;prev_next=prev#new or https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehondatwins%2Enet%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D14014&share_tid=14014&share_fid=83063&share_type=t One thing I did find interesting was FTW' s or rather Bracket Maker's article on custom artwork . I'm sure us Brits would be glad to read more about how to transfer tattoo templates onto paintwork .

Screenshot_20190829-164046.thumb.png.cdaf08b68f05df7ee72e5896225f6080.png

Well there's not much to add really. The subject of battery eliminators seems to have been covered in sufficient depth to satisfy anyone's curiosity . Should anyone require further reading on the subject they can use the links* to the other forums that our enthusiastic friend has posted on in the past . Or you can just visit the Two Stroke World Forum and the Honda Twins forum and look for Bracket Maker . Lots of interesting discussion to found there. " http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=403.0;prev_next=prev#new or https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehondatwins%2Enet%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D14014&share_tid=14014&share_fid=83063&share_type=t

the honda twins post you just put is bad from post #1 was written years ago and they are real as*holes about It. that site is evil. can't work the way the poster is saying. you need the radio shack rectifier to run the onan/deere regulaor. that post is a cut and paste gone wrong. there are many wrong posts but the mods there are more interested in selling parts than being truthful. fixed that post and got banned and posts deleted.

I am bracket maker. left that site because they are selling ignitions. they don't like ignition swap posts there. nor do they like battery eliminator posts or generic rec reg or battery deletes because they sell all these parts.

Well there's not much to add really. The subject of battery eliminators seems to have been covered in sufficient depth to satisfy anyone's curiosity . Should anyone require further reading on the subject they can use the links* to the other forums that our enthusiastic friend has posted on in the past . Or you can just visit the Two Stroke World Forum and the Honda Twins forum and look for Bracket Maker . Lots of interesting discussion to found there. " http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=403.0;prev_next=prev#new or https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehondatwins%2Enet%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D14014&share_tid=14014&share_fid=83063&share_type=t

the honda twins post you just put is bad from post #1 was written years ago and they are real as*holes about It. that site is evil. can't work the way the poster is saying. you need the radio shack rectifier to run the onan/deere regulaor. that post is a cut and paste gone wrong. there are many wrong posts but the mods there are more interested in selling parts than being truthful. fixed that post and got banned and posts deleted.

I am bracket maker. left that site because they are selling ignitions. they don't like ignition swap posts there. nor do they like battery eliminator posts or generic rec reg or battery deletes because they sell all these parts.

Yes , we know ! Now can we please just move on ? Enough with the electrics for goodness sake . You have covered the subject in great detail . Let go of your grievances with Honda Twins and join in the fun on this lovely forum . Why not post something light hearted or funny in Motorbike Related or the Humour section ? One of the best aspects of this forum is the witty banter ( I don't know the US equivalent ) So come on matey , set aside the custom electrics now and join in the fun . I bet you have some amazing stories about riding in NYC so why not share them with us . 😁