scoot rectifier regulator

Guest ftw

817u69-POd-BL-SL1500-1.jpg

How does the scoot rec/reg work. how can it be hooked up so it does not explode. I'm going to explain the how and why and when. the internal workings is a trade secret. so how do you get secret circuit diagram. do like trump and get help from the russsians.

FZAXBZUJ3-KFGV8-R-LARGE.jpg

got this diagram from the net. I will explain. the kbpc3510 two phase rectifier costs one quid. it turns ac to dc. as long as you hook it up to a dc stator you can run this way with the minus terminal as ground. a dc stator is not grounded. an ac stator is grounded. you can not assign the frame as ground with an ac stator. what to do? float ground. you need to electrically isolate parts from the frame. pain in the ass but it can be done.

you can see in the circuit diagram that ac is going to + through a part called an scr. scr is the thing in the electric drill trigger. this is not how regulation works and is typical of lying communists. regulation is to ground. excess voltage gets shorted out to ground. not +.

even though this commi diagram won't work it's close enough for our needs.

forget about reading the rest of the diagram. the voltage at #16 on the diagram turns on above 14.2v. end of story. the scr's turn on at and above 14.2v.

so whats the take away message.

1. if the stator is grounded you need to float ground because the rectifier will blow up. floating ground means regulator ground is isolated from the frame.

2. stators can be easily ungrounded converting an ac stator to a dc stator.

3. you can not regulate by using the + and - terminals of the regulator alone. the r/r only works when ac goes through the rectifier.

4. a single dc stator is two phase. dc stators wire in series before the rectifier.

5. two ac stators are two phase

Electrics in general has always appeared to me as being a black art. I know nothing about it but still find it fascinating to read about it by someone who does. Great posts @wtf .

Electrics in general has always appeared to me as being a black art. I know nothing about it but still find it fascinating to read about it by someone who does. Great posts @wtf .

electronics is not a black art. the problem is it is only taught in school. electronics is a part of physics. I often lement how much time I wasted learning to design projects when someone else has already designed any part I can think of.

there is no one on this board who can not take a ohm meter to a magnito stator wire and see if its an open circuit or if its grounded.

the take away message is that on this part there is only four terminals and few ways to connect them.

electronics is not a black art. the problem is it is only taught in school. electronics is a part of physics. I often lement how much time I wasted learning to design projects when someone else has already designed any part I can think of.

there is no one on this board who can not take a ohm meter to a magnito stator wire and see if its an open circuit or if its grounded.

the take away message is that on this part there is only four terminals and few ways to connect them.

absolutely love this site. I can even post about trump!

how difficult is it to design a led flasher with a timer inside to make the no load flash. couple clicks on ebay gets you the hyperflash unit for 99 cent. how difficult is it to wire with only two terminals? one is + the other is load. no one can screw it up no matter how electrically challenged.