Re-Posted Wiring B120

Hello

I have a 1973 Suzuki B120 which was a barn find and I have the bike running quite sweet but I cannot seem to get the main lights to work. I have cleaned all the connections and have replaced some with new. I have checked the battery and all the bulbs which are working and put in a new rectifier.

If I put the ignition to the 1st click daytime riding the indicator's work and the brake light works and so does the neutral light and indicator light. But when I put the ignition to the 2nd click night-time riding I have no rear light and the front light shows a very very dim light and no speedo light. But if I take the front bulb out the rear light come on and so does the speedo light. The bike is running at this point. I have checked the lights buy running straight from the battery and they work fine. Has anybody have any idea what is wrong!!!

yes. 1973 used balanced force regulation. the output of the stator is dependent on ignition switch position. the ignition stator has nothing to with lights. its stator is balanced to the ignition coil. the black wire. that's why you run ok. but have screwed up lights. its on two circuits, iggy and lights. today things are different. read my scoot r/r post. if you post a wiring diagram or take a pic under the flywheel I'll tell you exactly how to do a modern repair.

Just a update on my wiring problem If I have the bike running all bulbs in no lights on but it I take the earth out from the front bulb the rear light comes and so does the speedo light but still no front light

Just a update on my wiring problem If I have the bike running all bulbs in no lights on but it I take the earth out from the front bulb the rear light comes and so does the speedo light but still no front light

how can we help you without a wiring diagram. like I said stators go into the ignition switch at that time in history. there are like 10 wires going into the switch. thats where you need to trace bad connections and bad wires.

I never bother with this and rewire because its so simple today.