generic cheap modern rectifier regulator replacement for any bike

Guest ftw

almost any bike on planet earth can be wired to todays specs for gel batteries and led's. there are only two generic regulator rectifiers needed to do this job. one or the other will do any bike. both cost less than 15 quid.

I'll let xmacina, bender, and fastbob finish the post.

almost any bike on planet earth can be wired to todays specs for gel batteries and led's. there are only two generic regulator rectifiers needed to do this job. one or the other will do any bike. both cost less than 15 quid.

That's nice . Wasn't it a beautiful evening yesterday ? I took the Harley for a gallop around the Malvern Hills and back on blissfully empty roads . Absolute heaven !

IMG_20190825_194528286_HDR.thumb.jpg.7666dcc966a0593fdf3269fd73424689.jpg

That's nice . Wasn't it a beautiful evening yesterday ? I took the Harley for a gallop around the Malvern Hills and back on blissfully empty roads . Absolute heaven !

Who me, thanks :thumb:

Leopards and spots ?

Indeed , it would seem that our friend has been pasting chunks from the Honda Twins Forum onto the Two Stroke World Forum in order to proliferate his campaign against motorcycle batteries . Well you certainly can't fault his determination . I guess it's our turn at the moment .

well you brought out the evil. they are the people selling the defective cb360 slippers. your video came from this site. don't bother to read the whole post. please read the last. the poor sap has shorted out his stators by connecting yellow and white wires and no one tells him. the reason is that they sell replacement stators and rec regs. you can't connect coils this way. It could never work. they know it will short out this way.

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/50-electrical-discussion/14014-cheap-regulator-rectifier-upgrade-51.html#post1072908

posted the correct wiring and got banned. posts deleted.

that post goes nowhere the mods keep mucking it up, and its old tech. look its date.

I can do the same but new tech. they sell battery eliminators there too.

bob, you really show what you are made of. I'll finish it quick.

there are only two possibilities for motorcycles on planet earth. either you have an alternator or a magneto.

magnetos are regulated by grounding out excess voltage. this is called a shunt and it happens at the regulator. the generic honda cn/ch250 can be used on any bike with a magneto. this info got me banned from honda twins. its the modern solution to this old post.

alternators have no magnet. they have a field coil. the magnet is the field. field coils are wired in either the "a" or "b" configurations. one wire grounded or not. the sohc 750 or cb400f r/r will work on either configuration as long as one wire is grounded. one end of the field coil needs to be ground. if its wired in the wrong configuration then just ground the ungrounded wire.

I will not talk down to anyone. no quesion is stupid. that cat pic is.

Edited by Anonymous

I was going to suggest sending him to Coventry :lol: but you could just put him your foes list :thumb:

I live in Coventry , no one deserves to be sent here.

" I will not talk down to anyone. no quesion is stupid. that cat pic is " Oh dear , I'm sorry my attempt to lighten the mood a little was not well received . Bob's probably not the brightest of pussycats but he does like motorcycles . I've tried to explain the technique of pillion riding but he doesn't quite understand .

PhotoEditor_20190829_161751647.thumb.jpg.2ce6d5a28a94c9b3121c80024d52551e.jpg

PhotoEditor_20190829_182218221.thumb.jpg.3de1ddca5f3da6b414d73a100b7e7d76.jpg