Need a project .

Has anyone in the Coventry / Birmingham or West Midlands area got a project bike for me to restore over the winter ? Absolutely anything considered except scooters and Chinese bikes .

There’s this heap of junk that needs sorting out, engine performance, suspension, brakes & styling all need attention to make it anyway near desirable.

Good luck, the current owner is notoriously tight & grumpy ( what ever you do, don’t suggest that you’re gonna ‘restomod’ it !!

77A28184-D57E-4EEC-95B5-5FE78A5B804E.thumb.jpeg.bca2518c37fe171c004f256de2285186.jpeg

😂😂😂

Has anyone in the Coventry / Birmingham or West Midlands area got a project bike for me to restore over the winter ? Absolutely anything considered except scooters and Chinese bikes .

Been trying to get my hands on a Honda cbr750 87-88, their cheap to buy but rare as hens teeth, there is one Mid Wales , but that one is a money pit, they were only JDM and no English Manual , but I translated one, parts are easy enough to get, but no bikes

Oooh, I forgot to say that it could do with a battery eliminator.

🤣🤣🤣

Need a kick start for that . Anyway I wouldn't be able to work out the wiring diagram because I can't read .

There’s this heap of junk that needs sorting out, engine performance, suspension, brakes & styling all need attention to make it anyway near desirable.

Good luck, the current owner is notoriously tight & grumpy ( what ever you do, don’t suggest that you’re gonna ‘restomod’ it !!

77A28184-D57E-4EEC-95B5-5FE78A5B804E.jpeg

😂😂😂

Na , it's got forward pegs and sacking on the pipes and the mirrors are upsidedown . I'd have to sort all that out but I'm just a poseur who knows nothing about motorbikes .

FB_IMG_1568402720743.thumb.jpg.a9b688425a95f5a7bba2c1f2b5a6497a.jpg

Edited by fastbob

Might ask for some info/hand on mending my bike if I get it back.

No good asking me , I can't tell the difference between a motorcycle and a tractor . 🤪

Guest Richzx6r

I see it's in its rightful setting in a farmers field, all your missing is the plow :up:

I fail to see any resemblance . 😉

Oh there are many similarities here Bob both are agricultural vehicles, both are red, and although one has 4 wheels the one with 2 handles like it should have 4 :raspberry:

I have to wonder about all the people who like to slag off cruisers ( and mine is not one) if they've ever ridden one? They may not have the rocket ship on rails handling of a sports bike but how long can the average guy ride one of those instruments of torture? After a couple of hours and 150 miles you are absolutely knackered and your ability to ride your rocket somewhat dented. On a cruiser you can ride all day and just keep going. It's horses for courses imo.

Guest Richzx6r

I have to wonder about all the people who like to slag off cruisers ( and mine is not one) if they've ever ridden one? They may not have the rocket ship on rails handling of a sports bike but how long can the average guy ride one of those instruments of torture? After a couple of hours and 150 miles you are absolutely knackered and your ability to ride your rocket somewhat dented. On a cruiser you can ride all day and just keep going. It's horses for courses imo.

I'm only pulling Bob's leg, I actually don't mind cruisers and had one a 125 eliminator when I was a lad and having the ninja and travelling back down south a few times a year I'm now looking for something similar to a tiger 1200

I'm only pulling Bob's leg, I actually don't mind cruisers and had one a 125 eliminator when I was a lad and having the ninja and travelling back down south a few times a year I'm now looking for something similar to a tiger 1200

Tiger 1200's a nice bike but have you thought about it's smaller cousin? I lusted after a Multistrada 1200 having seen one in a car park but then I saw a 950 and actually sat on it. For me the 950 was the more comfortable and in the real world it does everything the bigger one does as well or as near as makes no difference. Plus it's less insane and I have a better chance of reaching an even older age than I am now. Bigger is not always better and it's cheaper too.

Guest Richzx6r

Tiger 1200's a nice bike but have you thought about it's smaller cousin? I lusted after a Multistrada 1200 having seen one in a car park but then I saw a 950 and actually sat on it. For me the 950 was the more comfortable and in the real world it does everything the bigger one does as well or as near as makes no difference. Plus it's less insane and I have a better chance of reaching an even older age than I am now. Bigger is not always better and it's cheaper too.

Tbh cos I'm an average height 5'10 I struggled with getting my feet on the floor and definitely couldn't get both down not even on tip toe so sad as it is I think the tiger is out of the question though they do do it with a lower seat height but when the missus was on the back she found gear changes left alot to be desired with the quick shifter which the ninja doesn't have and I'm so used to loading the gear lever for the next gear change that the bike was bucking around some during gear changes apart from that she found it slightly uncomfortable on the back but I'm putting that down to her never having been on a big trailie before and you sit different to a super sport, I got back on my ninja and it felt like a tiny rocket....think I actually prefer the tiger though

Well I do appreciate you rising to my defense but I must admit that I did cover some big distances on both my GSXR 1100,s , probably in the order of 100,000 miles give or take . I appreciate that GSXR 1100,s are not really sports bikes due to their size and weight but I've always taken the view that if you decide to ride a really long way on whatever bike you've got then it's just become a tourer. So I think I've served my time on the sports bikes and now I deserve a rest . It all started with my ER5 . I found that I was having much more fun and traveling much greater distances on this bland little bike than I'd done for years . Instead of camping in Wales I was riding to the coast and because I wasn't crippled and knackered , I was just turning round and coming home again . So that's when I decided to finally admit that speed isn't everything . And that's when I decided I was ready to get my Harley . I'm 6 months and 5000 miles in and not regretting a single thing . Here you go , been there , done that . Now it's time for a change of pace .

wp_ss_20181016_0002.thumb.png.7def13bcdc94727c2ba83bdf9e8c2b93.png

Unfortunately all this lively discussion has veered somewhat away from my original purpose of getting a cheap knacker to do up over the winter . I should have never have sold that Aprilia.