De registration after selling For spares

Hi there I have an old ST1300 high mileage issue with engine. I’m planning to sell for spare instead of repair. Does anyone know how to de-register it from my name once all parts are sold? Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum

You would transfer the details to the new owner when you sell the frame as the V5 is registered to the frame.

If you are destroying the frame then you mark it as scrapped

Fill in the relevent parts on the V5 i would expect the section on scrapping the vehicle would be it, but you must remember that is the frame that is registered to you, so even if you sell all the parts off it but still have the frame you still own it, if you sell the frame the V5 has to be transferred with it :thumb:

Hi [mention]Mitropa44[/mention] , if you read the bottom of V5C it states, if you have broken up the vehicle yourself, you must either tax or sorn it off road, until you take it {the Frame} to a ATF centre, who will issue you with a [CoD] Certificate of Destruction.