FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

Items for sale/wanted - non motorbike related
Forum rules
Welcome to our For Sale/Wanted section.

Please put in subject title whether the item is FOR SALE or WANTED.
Please use for anything thats not bike related. Please note that this is not a Free Ads site, and is for use for active forum members only.
Adverts will be deleted after 30 days unless the poster updates the advert
Adverts that have been posted by a member as their first and only post will be deleted in 48 hrs if no further contribution to the site is made.
Any member with less than 10 posts adverts will be deleted in 5 days
Dead Ebay links will be removed
Please update your adverts when sold
Just to keep the topics tidy any posts not relating to the sale will be deleted
Thank you
Message
Author
User avatar
Joeman
Posts: 10611
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:25 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Location: Sevenoaks, UK
Has Liked: 778 times
Been Liked: 1001 times

FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#1 Post by Joeman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:57 pm

BRAND NEW, Genuine ADT Dummy alarm box for sale.

Stick this on the outside of your house and the burglars won't bother you!
Includes battery and solar charger for blue flashing lights.

£90 delivered - but as always, open to offers :cheers:

Selling on behalf of a mate who has a couple of these available.


Image

Image
Image

User avatar
Grumpy Old Git
Posts: 7148
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley-Davidson FLFBS
Location: Brampton, Huntingdon
Challenge Score: 230
Has Liked: 159 times
Been Liked: 195 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#2 Post by Grumpy Old Git » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:29 pm

£10?
Born to Ride - Especially BLUE (or Black) :D
Do unto others that which they would do unto you - But, do it first! :booty:
Challenge 100 2018: Pubs 10/10; S England 4/10; Central/East England 3/10

Scoot65
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Durham
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#3 Post by Scoot65 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:41 am

I've these advertised before. Is there something special about ADT alarms that crims don't like?

Mawsley
Posts: 3663
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am
Has Liked: 1038 times
Been Liked: 1747 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#4 Post by Mawsley » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:01 am

Scoot65 wrote:I've these advertised before. Is there something special about ADT alarms that crims don't like?
Yes. After paying £90 for a metal shell the households displaying them don't have any spare cash worth stealing. Or if they did, they'd spend it on more non-functioning unstealable goods.

User avatar
Joeman
Posts: 10611
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:25 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Location: Sevenoaks, UK
Has Liked: 778 times
Been Liked: 1001 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#5 Post by Joeman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 am

Mawsley wrote:
Scoot65 wrote:I've these advertised before. Is there something special about ADT alarms that crims don't like?
Yes. After paying £90 for a metal shell the households displaying them don't have any spare cash worth stealing. Or if they did, they'd spend it on more non-functioning unstealable goods.
It not metal, it's top quality premium yellow plastic!!

They sell like hotcakes on eBay.. people like them because ADT systems are monitored so if the alarm goes off the control center call the police.
If you have a row of houses and one has an ADT alarm box and the others don't, the idea is that the criminals will rob your neighbours and not your house with an ADT box.
Image

Mawsley
Posts: 3663
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am
Has Liked: 1038 times
Been Liked: 1747 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#6 Post by Mawsley » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Joeman wrote: It not metal, it's top quality premium yellow plastic!!
:lol:

Put me down for three.

Scoot65
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Durham
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#7 Post by Scoot65 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:28 pm

Joeman wrote:
Mawsley wrote:
Scoot65 wrote:I've these advertised before. Is there something special about ADT alarms that crims don't like?
Yes. After paying £90 for a metal shell the households displaying them don't have any spare cash worth stealing. Or if they did, they'd spend it on more non-functioning unstealable goods.
It not metal, it's top quality premium yellow plastic!!

They sell like hotcakes on eBay.. people like them because ADT systems are monitored so if the alarm goes off the control center call the police.
If you have a row of houses and one has an ADT alarm box and the others don't, the idea is that the criminals will rob your neighbours and not your house with an ADT box.
Thanks for the reply and info. Now I know the thinking behind the dummy boxes. Cheers!!

User avatar
MrBrightside
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:08 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Hayabusa Gen 2
Location: Everywhere
Has Liked: 97 times
Been Liked: 122 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#8 Post by MrBrightside » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:29 am

I'll just add this...

I report burglaries every single day at work. Even on route I know what I'll be facing.

The normal is...the scum will troll up and down a road, and pick the house with the least security and view. Most burglaries I report, they have no alarm box, whilst their neighbours do.

An alarm box, real or fake, is by far the best visible deterrent against a burglary. By a country mile.
Sent on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge via GCHQ

User avatar
RantMachine
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:51 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): None... for now
Location: Denver, CO
Has Liked: 678 times
Been Liked: 605 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#9 Post by RantMachine » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:03 am

Even more effective than having a Bandit parked out front?!? :shock:
Disclaimer: RantMachine don't know shit

Image

Roy Mcentee
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#10 Post by Roy Mcentee » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi do you have any ADT Alarm boxes still for sale?
Thanks Roy

User avatar
Six30
Wannabe MOD
Posts: 4094
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki Z1000 SX
Location: In Rennies wardrobe
Has Liked: 738 times
Been Liked: 1247 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#11 Post by Six30 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:57 pm

Roy Mcentee wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:53 pm
Hi do you have any ADT Alarm boxes still for sale?
Thanks Roy

He did .. but someone nicked em .
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

User avatar
Joeman
Posts: 10611
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:25 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Location: Sevenoaks, UK
Has Liked: 778 times
Been Liked: 1001 times

Re: FOR SALE - Dummy ADT Alarm Box

#12 Post by Joeman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Haha all sold im afraid, sorry about that.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests