CK Magma Tool Roll

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Mawsley
Bike(s): XT600E, CBF125, XJ900S
Challenge score: 310
Has Liked: 988 times
Been Liked: 1651 times

CK Magma Tool Roll

#1 Post by Mawsley » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, please be upstanding for the CK Magma MA2718 tool roll.
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.48.02.png
This was recommended by Dave Lambeth (rally and overland tour guru), and he's bob on with the advice. Clearly, this isn't the sort of thing you need for your garage or Sunday jaunts into the countryside. It's for people who need to be changing tyres and carrying out rolling fixes - that kind of stuff, as they trek on long-term travels. It's about the size of a sleeping mat - so more useful than a tool tube for quantity but less secure as it'll have to be strapped to the outside of the bike instead of mounted on it.

I paid £13.15 for mine from eBay, free delivery, but prices vary across shopping platforms.

Clearly, as I've not gone to Africa yet, this has been untested, but I'm chuffed with it at the moment and would buy another one - if I ever needed two tool rolls.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.