On Friday 30th October I will be taking the forum offline at around 1.45pm as the forum is getting moved to a new server

Any questions then feel free to post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73786

Simple brake bleeding kit.

Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
Throttled
Subscriber
Bike(s): Versys 1000 GT
Has liked: 364 times
Been liked: 504 times

Simple brake bleeding kit.

Post by Throttled » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Bought from eBay for about £4.

A simple tube with a non return valve. Undo the bleed nipple, push on the pipe and then as you pour in the brake fluid to the reservoir pump the brake lever. I have the other end into a plastic jug. The excess fluid can go back into the bottle as all it has done is get pumped through the pipe.

It is so easy for one person to do and I did a brake in a couple of minutes. Just pump till the fluid has no bubbles in it, which if you keep the reservoir topped up is very quick. Brilliant little tool and I find it easier than mucking about trying to use a vacuum pump system to pull the fluid through.
Audiophile/biker/sceptic

Zipster
Bike(s): 1990 Yamaha XJ600 (Pre-Diversion)

Re: Simple brake bleeding kit.

Post by Zipster » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 am

Good job. I have one of the draper kits but the non return isn't up to much!! I may splash out and treat myself to one of these.

Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Has liked: 4069 times
Been liked: 3548 times

Post by Stu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 pm

I have one of these!

I dont rate it at all!!
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

Joeman
Subscriber
Bike(s): BMW S1000RR, KTM300.. etc
Has liked: 1150 times
Been liked: 973 times

Post by Joeman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:06 pm

whats wrong with keeping the end of the pipe submerged in a jamjar full of fluid?

Mr Fro
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 980 times

Post by Mr Fro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Joeman wrote:whats wrong with keeping the end of the pipe submerged in a jamjar full of fluid?
Because sooner or later it'll go *ping!* out of the jar and splash paint death fluid all up your fairing! :-)

That's why I stuff a load of paper towel in the jar to get the pipe wedged in nice and tight.

Return to “Tool Reviews”