Challenge Score: 40
Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 143 times

Re: New bike...

#16 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:26 pm

MrBrightside wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Thanks guys :thumb:

The bike is great. I rode the Harley sportster and it’s not a patch on the Indian even though the engines are the same size. The Indian puts out higher power and is liquid cooled. Sounds amazing and goes like the clappers in a straight line.

The seat looks great on it and initially feels comfy. But because it’s so narrow and the suspension is very stiff it soon becomes very painful. The Corbin should sort that, and Ill be getting some bullit springless rear shocks at some stage too. Ground clearance is an issue too, as the bobber sits lower than the normal scout. Feels very very light and it’s a pleasure to ride, apart from the seat. And I don’t wear plugs, if rather listen to that Indian soundtrack.
Mind if I ask if you tried out the scout or scout 60 before going for the bobber and how you landed on that one rather than the other two models?

MrBrightside
Bike(s): Hayabusa Gen 2
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 138 times

#17 Post by MrBrightside » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi mate

Yeah I rode all three. Very nearly bought a customised scout from Moorespeed in Poole, but it sold before I could close the deal. So I rode the scout, not for me. Because of the looks, I’m not over keen on the styling, and the different riding position. The pegs are further forward, and different reach to the bars. Same engine mind. No difference comfort wise. The sixty just felt the same, but underpowered. Plenty will tell you it isn’t, but it really is, and the cheaper alternative.

So I rode the bobber. Instantly connected with it, just felt bang on. Absolutely love the looks, and it goes very well, even batter now it’s stage 1. If you are thinking about a HD Sportster 1200, ride the bobber. It will change your mind.

Sure, HD do the fat bob/boy and breakout 114, immense bikes. But for now I prefer this.
2018 Indian Scout Bobber 1200cc * Stage 1 * Crusher pipes * S&S Filter * Dynojet * Side plate relocation * JW LED headlight * Rizoma bar end mirrors....

Six30
Wannabe MOD
Bike(s): Triump Speed Triple r
Has Liked: 947 times
Been Liked: 1643 times

#18 Post by Six30 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Very nice sir :thumb:
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."