Challenge Score: 70
Has Liked: 312 times
Been Liked: 341 times

Re: New bike...

#16 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:26 pm

MrBrightside wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Thanks guys :thumb:

The bike is great. I rode the Harley sportster and it’s not a patch on the Indian even though the engines are the same size. The Indian puts out higher power and is liquid cooled. Sounds amazing and goes like the clappers in a straight line.

The seat looks great on it and initially feels comfy. But because it’s so narrow and the suspension is very stiff it soon becomes very painful. The Corbin should sort that, and Ill be getting some bullit springless rear shocks at some stage too. Ground clearance is an issue too, as the bobber sits lower than the normal scout. Feels very very light and it’s a pleasure to ride, apart from the seat. And I don’t wear plugs, if rather listen to that Indian soundtrack.
Mind if I ask if you tried out the scout or scout 60 before going for the bobber and how you landed on that one rather than the other two models?
2018 BMW R nineT
“It’s shit. And as soon as I get home I’m going to buy one.”
That was a fellow journalist’s first impression of the BMW R nineT recently. It’s a pretty accurate summary; the R nineT is somewhat ill-mannered by modern motorcycle standards but also instantly, inarguably, infatuatingly wonderful.

MrBrightside
Bike(s): Hayabusa Gen 2
Has Liked: 105 times
Been Liked: 142 times

#17 Post by MrBrightside » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi mate

Yeah I rode all three. Very nearly bought a customised scout from Moorespeed in Poole, but it sold before I could close the deal. So I rode the scout, not for me. Because of the looks, I’m not over keen on the styling, and the different riding position. The pegs are further forward, and different reach to the bars. Same engine mind. No difference comfort wise. The sixty just felt the same, but underpowered. Plenty will tell you it isn’t, but it really is, and the cheaper alternative.

So I rode the bobber. Instantly connected with it, just felt bang on. Absolutely love the looks, and it goes very well, even batter now it’s stage 1. If you are thinking about a HD Sportster 1200, ride the bobber. It will change your mind.

Sure, HD do the fat bob/boy and breakout 114, immense bikes. But for now I prefer this.
2018 Indian Scout Bobber 1200cc * Stage 1 * Crusher pipes * S&S Filter * Dynojet * Side plate relocation * JW LED headlight * Rizoma bar end mirrors....

Six30
Wannabe MOD
Bike(s): Triump Speed Triple r
Has Liked: 1009 times
Been Liked: 1782 times

#18 Post by Six30 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Very nice sir :thumb:
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

Slowlycatchymonkey
Bike(s): Hilts Mutt, r ninet

#19 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Test riding the scout on Tuesday, maybe I should be trying the bobber!
2018 BMW R nineT
That was a fellow journalist’s first impression of the BMW R nineT recently. It’s a pretty accurate summary; the R nineT is somewhat ill-mannered by modern motorcycle standards but also instantly, inarguably, infatuatingly wonderful.

MrBrightside

#20 Post by MrBrightside » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 am

Mate I’d 100% ride the bobber too. See which one suits you most as they feel different on the road.
2018 Indian Scout Bobber 1200cc * Stage 1 * Crusher pipes * S&S Filter * Dynojet * Side plate relocation * JW LED headlight * Rizoma bar end mirrors....

MrBrightside

#21 Post by MrBrightside » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 am

Mate I’d 100% ride the bobber too. See which one suits you most as they feel different on the road.

Slowlycatchymonkey

#22 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:12 am

Yep good thinking, I’ll do just that.
2018 BMW R nineT

Slowlycatchymonkey

#23 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Tried them both but found the bobber immediately uncomfortable, weird ay?
Found I was a little stretched out leg wise on the scout but went out for a one and a half hour bimble and had no discomfort at all.
Immediate thoughts were hmm this feels like its going to be a bit of a fat slug but nope it wasn’t.

Downsides, gear leaver to far away from foot, could only touch it with the tip of my big toe but then I have midget sized feet so can’t blame the bike. They said they’d look into what could be done about it. The turning circle isn’t bad providing you have a road the width of a football pitch! The back brake felt lame.
Upsides. I’d likely keep hold of my licence- I found myself just chugging along admiring the scenery and realised I was riding slower than I do on my 125!?!
Opened it up a wee bit and had to hold on tight, it was a bit of a surprise to say the least, almost brown trousers time! Very pleasantly surprised. It feels like it weighs nothing, very well balanced almost rides itself. The bike got admiring looks and oddly people waved at me which all adds to the sunshiney good vibes.
Just not 100% on it yet,want to try out the triumph T120 and BMW r ninet before committing. Oh and find the moola!
2018 BMW R nineT

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has Liked: 2652 times
Been Liked: 2075 times

#24 Post by Hoggs » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Slowlycatchymonkey wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:59 pm
Just not 100% on it yet,want to try out the triumph T120 and BMW ReightfootwideT before committing. Oh and find the moola!
Fixed that for you....
ImageImage

Stopping you having fun since 2017

mikestrivens
Bike(s): Triumph Tiger 800 XCx 2015
Has Liked: 455 times
Been Liked: 523 times

#25 Post by mikestrivens » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:54 pm

^^^^
naughty
Regards
Mike Strivens

Bikes:
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx, 2015,
used to have Honda VFR800 & Harley Fatboy
Cars:
Mercedes SL500 R129 V8 (1999); Mercedes E320 W124 S6 (1995); Mercedes S600 W140 V12 (1995).

Grumpy Old Git
Bike(s): Harley-Davidson FLFBS
Challenge Score: 640
Has Liked: 441 times
Been Liked: 374 times

#26 Post by Grumpy Old Git » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 am

MrBrightside wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 pm
Hi mate

Yeah I rode all three. Very nearly bought a customised scout from Moorespeed in Poole, but it sold before I could close the deal. So I rode the scout, not for me. Because of the looks, I’m not over keen on the styling, and the different riding position. The pegs are further forward, and different reach to the bars. Same engine mind. No difference comfort wise. The sixty just felt the same, but underpowered. Plenty will tell you it isn’t, but it really is, and the cheaper alternative.

So I rode the bobber. Instantly connected with it, just felt bang on. Absolutely love the looks, and it goes very well, even batter now it’s stage 1. If you are thinking about a HD Sportster 1200, ride the bobber. It will change your mind.

Sure, HD do the fat bob/boy and breakout 114, immense bikes. But for now I prefer this.
The Fat Boy 114 is great! Good looker you have there Mr B!
Born to Ride - Especially BLUE (or Black) :D
Do unto others that which they would do unto you - But, do it first! :booty:
Challenge 100 2018: Pubs 10/10; S England 10/10; Central/East England 10/10; East Anglia 10/10