Run out to Wales

S-Westerly

Had a day free and the weather was perfect so took a run out to North Wales and got as far as Harlech. Had a great ride apart from meeting a suicidal pheasant who killed itself on my right hand handguard. :evil: damaged it too the rotten bast*rd.IMG_20190914_150810602.thumb.jpg.60d19e8ba7919aa362dbc93b60e07c41.jpg

Somewhere in Gwynedd

You are lucky, it could end up much worse, I am generally scared of all this crazy animals attacking by the road. Today it was lot of road kill on my route (rabbits), my dog would be happy.

Yeah I know. When the pheasant was about to hit I ducked and closed my eyes. Not ideal when you are doing 60 mph. When it hit the bars the bike took a surprisingly large wobble and it was definitely a brown trouser moment! Quite what the moronic birds were doing in the middle of the road I have no idea.

Pheasants are partiuclarly unaware of traffic which is why they feature so highly in impacts on motorcyclists. You see a pheasant - assume the worst. They are not like other wildlife which have a survival instinct. The other day I was on a local A road and traffic was at a crawl following a flock of pheasants just sauntering down the middle of the road.

Heading out that way tomorrow... Though not as far as Harlech.

Mid Wales has some brilliant roads for biking and you don't have to ride like a loon to enjoy them. As I'm sure you know now summer is passing the roads quieten down a lot as well. If you get as far as Dolgellau there's an excellent cake and coffee place - Roberts I think.

Wow that's a scary moment! Not had a bird strike on my bike but have had 2 in my car. First, a pheasant hit wrecked my headlight. Second, a friggin wood pigeon put a big dent in my front panel! Tons of nice rides in N.Wales.

I was out all day Sunday and I've never seen so much roadkill . At least six Foxes , numerous Badgers, multitude of Partridges , the usual scattering of Squirrels , some Pheasants and an unfortunate Buzzard . Must be the time of year when the young and inexperienced ones venture further afield . It's all rather sad .

Edited by fastbob

Could have been worse .

">

Jesus, two for the price of one. Know just how the front guy felt as that was the kind of wobble I got. The difference being I wasn't doing over the ton and I had no one up my back end. Thankfully.